+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bands Requirement after +2 according to new rules

Jun 28, 2018
As i have done my ielts test with 6 bands overall i.e. 6 in speaking ,6.5 in listening , 6.5 in writing and 5.5 in reading . As i have passed my secondary education with 65percent marks in CBSE board . Can I applied for canada with these scores?

ignorancei$bliss

Jan 7, 2014
well dear, you can not apply in SDS ( student direct stream) category as you have 5.5 in one module!

you can apply your case in general category! which is known for its unpredictability in getting the visa

your best shot is to improve IELTS 6.5 with n less than 6 in any module! and apply in SDS

and you need to seriously hurry up! seats for even January are starting to fill up! so make your decision quickly

hope this helps!

Jun 28, 2018
As i already have September intake offer letter .so could i apply for visa for September intake with 6 overall band with 5.5 in one module after my secondary education. Kindly reply me as soon as possible.

ignorancei$bliss

Jan 7, 2014
look IELTS bands despite being important, are only a part of the picture!

visa ultimately depends upon your documentation

-do you have appropriate funds!

-can you prove the VO that you will come back after studies!

-does your offer letter of study match your previous qualification!?

-are your academics good or poor?

-the institute, which provided you the offer letter a reputed public/government institute!?

and many more

thus keeping these technicalities in mind, the judgment of the visa officer is delivered with yes or no!

and i told you in my prior answer that with your current profile you do not meet the criteria of SDS

advantages of applying under SDS are

The streamlined visa process for all SDS eligible institutions.

Less financial and other documentation
Faster visa processing time.

thus, either improve your IELTS ASAP or file you case in general category! (which will be slightly risky,needs much more documentation and processing times are also very unpredictable!)

if my answer is still not satisfactory, I hope seniors will help you better :) !

phantomkidd

Nov 11, 2018
As i have done my ielts test with 6 bands overall i.e. 6 in speaking ,6.5 in listening , 6.5 in writing and 5.5 in reading . As i have passed my secondary education with 65percent marks in CBSE board . Can I applied for canada with these scores?
So what's the update? Did you proceed with 6 BANDS for sds?

jaskaran gill

Nov 27, 2018
i have got overall 6 , Speaking 6.5,Reading and Listening 6,and writing 5.5 in which university i can take admission easily.It is possible.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i have got overall 6 , Speaking 6.5,Reading and Listening 6,and writing 5.5 in which university i can take admission easily.It is possible.
For university you would need higher scores. You should look at colleges instead.

Gohil

Dec 12, 2018
I got overall 6.5 band .Listening 7.5, Reading 6, writing 5.5 and speaking 6.5 I applied for health science in Nova Scotia . So after receiving offer letter can I apply for student visa with this Ielts score. ?

Gohil

Dec 12, 2018
ohk this score is eligible for college admission

I got overall 6.5 band .Listening 7.5, Reading 6, writing 5.5 and speaking 6.5 I applied for health science in Nova Scotia . So after receiving offer letter can I apply for student visa with this Ielts score. ?