+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ban for 5 years

nmatter

May 12, 2019
hello sir
me & wife apply canada visitor visa last month . bt unforunattly canada high commision ban me & my wife 5 year ban Under Section
" I received this letter for my TRV :
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• You have been found inadmissible to Canada in accordance with paragraph 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of the IRPA. In accordance with paragraph A40(2)(a), you will remain inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years from the date of this letter or from the date a previous removal order was enforced.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee."
By mistake i hide my information --Is there any previous US or Canada visa refusal
You saying by mistake you hide your info (you admitting you hide info it’s mean not a mistake but deliberately you done this)

So have patience for 5 years

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
my son is parmanent residence in canda . can his PR help me to lift the ban . help me if any thing is possible that would be a great help
That makes zero difference.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
sir tell me any vaild reason
help me if any thing is possible that would be a great help
thanks sir/mem
Unfortunately you will not get the answer you want to hear. It seems like you would want someone to validate your 'mistake' and say you can lift the ban. You cannot. Unfortunately It does not matter whether it was by mistake or intentionally, you failed to disclose a previous visa refusal and have therefore been banned. The only option you have now is to meet your son in another country. Should you decide to apply for UK/US/NZ Visa and the like, you should also declare previous visa refusals and the ban. You can apply for Canada visa after the 5 year period has passed.

If you still want to appeal no one is stopping you. Just go for it.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
thanks sir/mem
There is nothing anyone can do. There is no possible solution. You have to accept that you cannot apply for a Canadian visa for five years. That's all there is to it.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
thanks sir/mem
IRCC is in it's right and have valid reasons to ban you for 5 years and that is you gave wrong information about your travel history and/or personal information. IRCC's website mentions many times that you need, to be truthful and accurate about the information you give them, failing to do so, causes misrepresentation, for which you are given a 5-year ban.

Excuses such as, "I am sorry, I had forgotten about it", "It was a clerical mistake by the agent or by me and did not intend to lie about my status" and etcetera are not valid excuses. Just imagine, you are under oath and you give such a reply to a court or the police in your country regarding a case, it is not treated as valid excuses.

Nothing is possible. At the most, you can seek advice from an immigration lawyer, who would end up giving you the same reply/advice. A challenge in the court would be a futile effort, simply because, you lied. [Yes, not mentioning because you forgot is equivalent to lying and/or misrpresentation].

You can visit your son in other countries, but, not Canada. Whenever you apply for a visa for some other country, make sure you disclose your previous refusals and the Canada ban. Also, be aware, that all countries share travel histories and passport records with each other, so immigration of all countries know everything about you when you apply and what they seek from you is an honest application.

amanssidhu

Mar 22, 2020
Did you address your previous refusals in your letter of explanation or provide previous refused application numbers anywhere in the application? Or you completely left out your refusal all together?
If so wish we had better news for you, many people purposely lie and leave out visa refusals thinking that if Canada finds out they will refuse on the current application on the spot, what they do not know is that often times information is shared or already known by Canada. So when it happens to be an honest mistake like yours you will still get punished the same unfortunately because there is no way to know if it was honest mistake or if it was an intention to misrepresent and then after getting caught saying it was an honest mistake.
i missed out on my application form but i gave the previous visa refusal application numbers in my letter of explanation. what are my chances to overturn the ban?

amanssidhu

Mar 22, 2020
Slim. Adding the missing information after it’s discovered doesn’t dismiss the original misrepresentation.
no it is not like that - i wrote about my refusals in my cover letter that was originally attached with visa application but missed out on my application form . hope u understand what i am trying to say.