+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bakers Eligible for BC Semi-SKilled PNP?

lopezangela079

Jun 26, 2016
Are Bakers (NOC 6252) considered part of the food/beverage/hospitality sector that the BC Semi-Skilled/Entry Level Class targets?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
No they are skilled workers under the BC PNP,My friend who owns 3 Cobs breads bakeries got 8 of her workers nominated under the BC PNP skilled worker and International graduate streams,This year We are planning to sponsor about 6 people.She just agreed to sponsor a Filipino only after he was working there for 3 months Semi skilled needs 9 months

lopezangela079

Jun 26, 2016
So if I have a full-time job offer from Tim Hortons as a baker, can I be sponsored as a skilled worker? Doesn't it require 2 years of directed related work experience to qualify?

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration/Skilled-Worker

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
As International graduate none,two thirds of my guys had no Experience,As a skilled worker 2 years directly related or related.Meaning if you worked in a kitchen or bakery before that can count as related.

lopezangela079

Jun 26, 2016
OK if an applicant under the SI-International Graduate stream has 77 points in total, are the chances of receiving a ITA high?

Most employers wouldn't mind giving out the official job offer letter to help the employee with the application right?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
lopezangela079 said:
OK if an applicant under the SI-International Graduate stream has 77 points in total, are the chances of receiving a ITA high?

Most employers wouldn't mind giving out the official job offer letter to help the employee with the application right?
The last draw for International graduate was all those with higher then 69 points were invited,So 77 is pretty much 99% sure to get invited in the next draw.Do not forget Baker is in the top 100 occupations in demand in BC and gets the bonus points.BC PNP loves bakers because BC needs bakers,I have 3 International graduates from Ontario moving to BC to become bakers since they know it is a good path to become PR

lopezangela079

Jun 26, 2016
So I should be optimistic that the employer will provide the job offer letter. Would the employer say things like how are you just taking advantage of us for PR? Anyway, I plan to stay on even as a part time employee after getting PR.

lopezangela079

Jun 26, 2016
I''m just curious....After BC PNP nomination and sending a Canadian PR application, how long should I expect to wait to get approved for PR?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
lopezangela079 said:
I''m just curious....After BC PNP nomination and sending a Canadian PR application, how long should I expect to wait to get approved for PR?
Actually one nominated by the BC PNP you are now bound to your employer,You cannot leave until you become PR and it is a 6 month wait for Express Entry International graduate and 16 months for paper based international graduate.I see a lot of timbits in your near future LOL ;D

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
lopezangela079 said:
there's no way to do submit a online application for this stream?
Only if you qualify for the BC PNP express entry International graduate stream or else it is paper based