Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
There was an articile in the Vancouver Sun yesterday which I will quote parts of" All last year the BC goverment was hot on the trail competing against other jurisdictions such as Alberta,Saskatchewan and Manitoba to seal goodwill with countries such as the Philippines to handle a wave of foriegn temporary workers."But with the massive job losses "Its not so clear anymore why BC employers need to tap overseas sources for workers.And Quietly at the Federal level,Service Canada which issues the so called Labour Market Opinions" needed by companies to hire foriegn workers,has been making it harder to get applications approved.

In January New Rules were unveiled.Companies have to advertise locally for positions longer.They must provide more details such as mock ups of their shift schedules.Last Week some lMO started appearing with best before dates said Richard Kurland of Vancouver based Lexbase which analyses Immigration trends.For all practical purposes,chunks of Canada s foriegn worker program are being shut down said Kurland He says the Welcome Mat has not just been pulled,Its gone

THE GOOD NEWS
The BC goverment officially hopes to stay its course.Even during the current economic slowdown,Skilled labour shortages remain a critical issue for BC employers said Murray Coelll BC Minister of Labour Market Develpment in a statement

foreverwaiting

Star Member
Dec 16, 2008
"Skilled labour shortages remain....."

Would someone care to explain in which fields??? I would be really interested to know this!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know this was already started to happen last year. My coworker told me that a lot of Filipino's were coming to work at Tim Horton's (doughnut chain) but last year, the LMO's stopped.

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BAD NEWS FOR ALL TEMPORARY FORIEGN WORKERS

So the bottom line is will they hire foreign workers???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They seem to be making it harder for temporary workers to get work permits. This is not really affecting people who are looking to immigrate permanently.