+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bad Idea to apply for tourist visa??

vendetta101

Mar 2, 2014
Well I am a bit confused and seek the advice of the wise counsel on the next steps forward.. Thanks for all your help in advance

My dilemma's are as follows:
1. should I apply for a TRV right now given that my Visa (Application for Open Work Permit based upon Spouse Study permit) was rejected few days back? Would it reflect bad on my case file that I have applied for a TRV right after my OPW was rejected? My Spouse, who is currently on a Study permit (expiring November '14), would be graduating this june and I would like to attend the graduation day.. given that my Visa Application has recently got rejected, what are the chances that the TRV would get rejected based upon the above issue.

2. As I have no knowledge about why my application got rejected in the first place. How should I ensure that my application for OPW would be accepted the second time.. The reason for rejection could be anything from: Expiration of my spouse's Study Visa (Expiration date dated: November '14) to Missing Document (that I am not aware of!!).. Is there any way I can be a bit more certain that I have all the docs necessary for a better chance of getting a OPW the next time I apply?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. How could you apply for OWP based on your wife SP if it is expires in November? An OWP till November? :eek:
And if first time you asked for a TRV to attend your wife convocation only, but now you desired to stay till November on WP?
2. What kind of reason for TRV did you tell to VO ?

If you wish to know exactly what documents you were missing- ask your wife to get CAIPS (VO officer notes)

vendetta101

Mar 2, 2014
Hello Regina,

I have not yet applied for a TRV but had straight away applied for an OWP outside canada based upon my wife study visa. Following my arrival my wife would have applied for a PR - therefore, in case my OWP did get expire we could still continue to work in canada till the result for PR was out (which usually takes 1 year)..

However, the above plan failed as my OWP has got rejected and now, I was just thinking if I can go and visit her over TRV for few days .. Wanted to know your thoughts if my TRV would meet the same fate (that is, rejection) as I have already shared my intent with the VO that I want to work in canada (as part of my OWP Application).

smartlife

May 9, 2014
Hi

Your problem is that the VO will assess your chances of going back to your home country and it would be low as your wife is in Canada and also you have shown intent of working there.

The best way you can get a Visitor visa is to show complete intent of coming back so job, family, property, finances in your home country will work well.

Additionally attach a letter of explanation stating your intention of just visiting her and proving that you will go back home

Regards