+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Verification longer than 7 months

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hi,

Starting this thread to gather those with BG in progress for many months.

As you can see from my signature, Background steps have started in March and today we are almost October and it's still in progress.

Wonder how many are on the same boat?

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Yeah like everyday is new day. What a mess!
It is really strange , the last cleared SS , I saw posted , even through all forum , Facebook , WhatsApp ,
Was on August 26 , started in January
That is about 7-8 month and going through last year forum I saw stuck ss got cleared in 6.5 months
Even I got respond from one who said he stared January and ended July

Feb ss… really not moving, not even one applicant

Last edited:

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
It is really strange , the last cleared SS , I saw posted , even through all forum , Facebook , WhatsApp ,
Was on August 26 , started in January
That is about 7-8 month and going through last year forum I saw stuck ss got cleared in 6.5 months
Even I got respond from one who said he stared January and ended July

Feb ss… really not moving
And the shite happens, when our turn comes :D if you search old posts, +8 months even 1 yr was a norm. So all is normal and routine eh!

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
I wouldn't say 8+ months is a norm...there are people's applications from AOR to Oath within 6 months and not exactly very few of them. I think this 8+ months practice only applies to certain processing office(s).

On a side note, my GCMS notes showed RCMP screening (criminality) started in January and completed by end of February. Yet, there's a big empty space (almost a page) between security and criminality. Does anyone see that as well?

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
I wouldn't say 8+ months is a norm...there are people's applications from AOR to Oath within 6 months and not exactly very few of them. I think this 8+ months practice only applies to certain processing office(s).

On a side note, my GCMS notes showed RCMP screening (criminality) started in January and completed by end of February. Yet, there's a big empty space (almost a page) between security and criminality. Does anyone see that as well?
How long did it take to receive GCMS notes?

I requested one almost 2 months ago and haven't received anything.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
How long did it take to receive GCMS notes?

I requested one almost 2 months ago and haven't received anything.
I think it was a little over a month for me. Some other people said it could take months...I remember one person even said they requested twice but only ever received one

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016

Well, Le Norm :p
https://ibb.co/FJwt4hf

PS: your SS is started in Jan (most probably), similar date as of criminality started. ATIP notes are heavily redacted so blank page is normal.