+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Declaration

rajkr09

Jan 3, 2011
I'm a IT Manager having 11 years of experience. Five years back i applied for New zealand PR and i was a given a false job offer by a consultant and i submitted along with my application unknowingly and later pulled out from the application. But then months later when this had been in processing i was put into "character waiver" and told that i knowingly deceive/given false job offer for Visa. They told me to send further facts or otherwise my PR will be unlikely to be approved. I took help of an lawyer and sent a clear details against that allegation. I waited for four years and still it was not processed and i stopped intention of going there and withdrawn my PR application. They too confirmed that it was cancelled and closed.

now i'm planning on applying for study permit to Canada. In the Background/declaration i need your input on two questions..

(i) been convicted of crime of crime or offence in canada : My New zealand lawyer told me that it is "NO". I'm planning to go by that since i was not charged / convicted / fined nor a criminal offence.
(ii) been refused visa / temporary visa to Canada or any country : Can i say no here. since my Newzealand PR application was not ever fully processed and judgement given. Also i have withdrawn after four years.

I also want to know if you would suggest me to get this clarified from immigration lawyers.

Kindly advise.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you have not been charged for any criminal case in NZ and were not convicted the answer is NO
Your PR application was withdrawn by you for any reason, hence the answer for that too, NO