+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) confusion - who needs to fill out this form?

tarahandrew

Aug 3, 2018
Hello there,

We are a little confused about who needs to fill out the above form. We have no dependents are are only applying for my husband to get his residency. In the Complete Guide it says "You (the principal applicant) and any of your family members 18 years of age or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents) must fill out, print, and sign this form."

Under the heading "Who must fill out this application form?" it says "The principal applicant (the person being sponsored, including those under 18) and all dependent children..."

We feel that these two instructions are contradictory. We are unsure whether my husband's immediate family members (mother, father, brother) need to each individually fill out their own declarations. We are quite confident that we will never be applying for their residency. Do we merely need to include their information on my husband's form, or do they actually need to submit forms themselves because they are immediate family members, regardless of whether they will ever apply for Canadian residency? If someone could confirm this, that would be greatly appreciated, as the language in the guide is confusing.

Thank-you for your help!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Just your husband.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
We feel that these two instructions are contradictory. We are unsure whether my husband's immediate family members (mother, father, brother) need to each individually fill out their own declarations. We are quite confident that we will never be applying for their residency. Do we merely need to include their information on my husband's form, or do they actually need to submit forms themselves because they are immediate family members, regardless of whether they will ever apply for Canadian residency? If someone could confirm this, that would be greatly appreciated, as the language in the guide is confusing.

Thank-you for your help!
In terms of immigration, you (and in the future, your kids) are his family. The rest (mother, father, brother...etc) are not his direct family members. The information of his other family members (not as detail) will need to be filled out in another form (other family members?).

This is in CIC's glossary:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp

Family members
An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to IRCC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

Reactions: msb

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
The applicant applying to come here.

GIJO

Sep 20, 2019
Hi spouse had overstayed U.k visa and left voluntary would it impact on the application as being 100% honest about the past immigration history.

usmanzafar1

Jan 1, 2021
Hello,

Does the sponsor ( spouse, as it says on the form) needs to fill it out as well or just the main applicant?