Passport Req..
08/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
26/04/2010
LANDED..........
01/05/2010
Okay, onto the next dilemma.

IMM0008, question 11.
"Give details of what you have been doing during the past 10 years of since age 18, whichever period is longer, starting with the most recent information. Include jobs held, periods of unemployment, periods of study and any other use of time, such as time spent travelling in search of a country of refuge, stays in hospitals, prisons or other places of confinement, and periods spent at home as a homemaker. You must not leave gaps."
The problem is, from the age of 9 through to age 24, I worked as an actress. Obviously when i was younger I went to school too, but by the time I was 18 I was working full-time as an actress. However, this does not mean I was working all the time of course, but I did have a number of jobs along the way and in between I was attending auditions and so on, which is what working as a full-time actress entails. I also, as is the way with these things, had a number of casual part-time jobs to support me at this time - temping, bar work and so on - but I couldn't even BEGIN to tell you what and where. I mean, obviously I remember the names of the bars I worked at but really couldn't begin to guess what periods I worked there. I'm 35 now and this was a long time ago! Some were cash jobs, some weren't, but I can't call the bars to check as they've changed hands many many times since then and I don't have any pay slips from way back then to check either - I lost all my paperwork in my divorce even if I had kept them. At least one of the temp agencies I was registered with has since gone bust and I can't remember the name anyway. I even did some voluntary work, one day a week kind of thing, but again when...?

Is it enough to just say I was working as an actress? I could list the films/tv shows/theatre shows I was in but I'll have a very hard time working out exactly when I was making them - I can barely remember the year, let alone the month! From the age of 24 onwards, when I gave up acting, I will have no problem, I know where I worked and what I was doing.

You know sometimes, for the sake of this immigration process at least, I wish I'd had a slightly LESS interesting life ;-)

Mia

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mia,

As you are 35 now you have to give details from the age 18. It is not possible for every one to keep proper evidence and records of all their activities in their own country especially for the youger age. You can give brief details and years of your whereabouts for the period of which you don't have any record.

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Give as much information as you can, clearly and concisely. I'm sure they have many people who cannot give exact details. I listed the month and year of each event ensuring that there were no gaps.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but this is a good one. I am now facing this dilemna myself, as I have to provide for the last 10 years... so we're talking seventh/eighth grade (sadly). We took a lot of family vacations. I know most of the gaps can be filled with "high school", "grade school", "working", etc. But what about summer vacation? What about those vacations that only lasted 15 days or so... not a full month?

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
I didn't do this myself, as I'm the sponsor, but I seriously doubt they want to know where you went every time you had 1 week off grade school. Unless you left the country, that might be worth noting down. But summer vacations around the US, I don't think you need to put it down. I would think you would just put something like:

1999-2001 Student at ABC Elementary school in Derbysville
2002-2003 Student at XYZ high school in Gotham City

Or whatever. Or does that leave a gap between June and September?

Unless you went to Taliban summer camp or something I don't think they care that much about your family vacations inside your own country.

University/college summer jobs are more significant, so that might be a good idea. Do you remember or have those jobs still on an old resume somewhere? You paid taxes right, so it's in The Matrix already so fairly easy for them to confirm those I guess.

Man, this isn't easy... good thing you have until February!

Good luck,
TLH

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Haha! I know. Yet another reason why waiting isn't the worst ever. Well, you know... all considering. I understand what you're saying. I went out of the country once when I was 14, I will note that.

I suppose then it is more of a question of do I mention "summer break"? I guess it doesn't really matter, does it? Either way it'll be on a seperate sheet of paper at this point. I've only had three jobs in my life (my current one I've worked at for 5-6 years on and off) so that shouldn't be an issue... in which case I still have all my pay stubs, etc., if they ask but like you said, it's in the system. I've paid taxes.

Sadly, I just realized this. For some reason, I overlooked the part that said "10 years or age 18, whichever is LONGER". Heh, funny how that works. All this time, I just assumed "18 years". I would have had my application returned!