Aug 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Mechanical Engineers" code 2132.

I have a few queries regarding the forms:

1. Background Declaration form: Section 8 which asks about personal history for the last 10 years.
My question is that I have worked as a Marine Mechanical Engineer from June 2010 to January 2014 on boards merchant vessels of my company. As a part of my job I had to travel to a company specified port city to join a particular vessel and then the vessel move around the globe till I sign off from another port city at the end of my contract.
E.g I join vessel from Singapore on 28 Aug, 2010 and sign off from the vessel from Dubai, UAE on 21 March, 2011.
what shall I mention in the columns "city/town and country" and "status in the country" for that period?

2. Supplementary Information/your travels form: Using the above example, I landed in Singapore on 26 august,2010 and joined vessel on 28 August, 2010 and similarly I signed off from the vessel on 20 March, 2011 and flew out from Dubai, UAE on 21 March,2011.
I was on-board the vessel between the two dates.
In the form, I have to mention all trips taken outside my country of residence( INDIA) giving the dates( entry and exit) as well as duration and purpose of the trip.
As it is evident that I did not exit from the same country(Singapore) that I entered from my Country of residence, so the FROM and TO dates shall be when I landed in Singapore on 26 August,2010(from) and 28 August, 2010(to) when I joined the ship respectively??
secondly at the time of sign off, I entered the Dubai, UAE(20 March, 2011) after signing on from Singapore, and flew out from Dubai, UAE on 21 March, 2011 to the country of my Residence( INDIA).

3. How do I mention the time spend on the vessel as the trade route of vessel is worldwide.

romar

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Aug-2014 [br] [b](One month after cap was reached)[/b]
IELTS Request
In my opinion, the entire trip should be recorded in a single row as follows:

From August 2010 to March 2011
Destination City/Country: Mention all significant destinations / ports you've been to. Start with (City)/Singapore, followed by the significant ports you arrived at, and finally mention Dubai, UAE.
Purpose: Work on a vessel. (You have to mention here that you were on a vessel, so that it becomes understandable why you visited multiple ports / cities in a single trip)

opindersinghbuttar

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for the reply .... I was thinking the same as I could also provide proof for that but had to be sure.