+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background complete then stuck?

linaqc

Feb 9, 2023
Same as you inland common law in QC, all completed since December, but at the phone they told me they have 2 background checks ‍♂
I will just wait, don’t want to waste more time trying to call them
Same here! Also QC and also Inland. All completed since January and haven't heard anything since. Meanwhile people applying much later are getting their approvals. It's so sad

linaqc

Feb 9, 2023
Since December? when did you apply?
Seems like I have to wait for a really long time then...
I wonder why it seems to take so much longer for all Quebec while I see others from January this year already getting their PR :(
It really seems to be just Quebec taking longer than others. My PR tracker shows everything complete since Jan 24th and no updates since.

barcastaff

Feb 14, 2023
Hi,

All 4 steps (Biometric, Medical, Eligibility and background) have been set as completed since March 13 in the PR Tracker, and after that nothing.
When I look at other people's timeline, it seems like everyone gets some pr portal invite email within just a few days.
Has anyone else had this wait after everything is completed?

Timeline:

Common-law QC inland (online)
- Submitted application, October 6, 2022
- AOR, October 12th, 2022
- Medical Request, October 12th, 2022
- Medical tests passed, October 31st, 2022
- Eligibility completed, November 3rd, 2022
- Pre-arrival services letter, November 4th, 2022
- CSQ request letter, November 4th, 2022
- CSQ request letter sent, December 23rd, 2022
- MIFI AOR, December 29th, 2022
- CSQ received, January 23rd, 2023
- Background check complete, March 13, 2023
- Ghost update, "GCKey", April 17, 2023
- Ghost update, Tracker, April 19, 2023
Ditto to this timeline. No words since CSQ on 06 Jan.

mach3.0

Nov 10, 2022
Very similar timeline over here. Hoping to get news soon, although it looks like it will still take a while based on previous comments here.

linaqc

Feb 9, 2023
I
Ditto to this timeline. No words since CSQ on 06 Jan.
I received my GCSM notes and guess what... I received CSQ approval in January but IRCC didn't receive the approval until March. There goes 2 months wasted for absolutely no reason. No wonder the Quebec applications take so much longer.

barcastaff

Feb 14, 2023
I

I received my GCSM notes and guess what... I received CSQ approval in January but IRCC didn't receive the approval until March. There goes 2 months wasted for absolutely no reason. No wonder the Quebec applications take so much longer.
I might try to get my notes as well. How did you do it as the PA? Since only citizens can do it, do you have to go through your partner and submit an IMM 5744 consent form with your request?

linaqc

Feb 9, 2023
I might try to get my notes as well. How did you do it as the PA? Since only citizens can do it, do you have to go through your partner and submit an IMM 5744 consent form with your request?
My husband who is sponsoring me got the notes. I had to sign the consent form as the PA when I was asked to do so.

Reactions: YVR123

barcastaff

Feb 14, 2023
My husband who is sponsoring me got the notes. I had to sign the consent form as the PA when I was asked to do so.
Since I'm currently residing in Canada I decided to order it through the Privacy Act, so they didn't ask for a fee and I did not need to sign the consent form. How long did it take you to receive the notes?

linaqc

Feb 9, 2023
Since I'm currently residing in Canada I decided to order it through the Privacy Act, so they didn't ask for a fee and I did not need to sign the consent form. How long did it take you to receive the notes?
We ordered the notes April 4th and received them yesterday, but the strike happened in between.

TCMalster

Jan 20, 2023
I was in this same situation for a month and then sent a webform indicating I had not yet received my COPR number. I then had an update to my account with my COPR number after 3 working days. I also now have the PR portal invite email.
For those in this situation it might be worth trying to submit a webform

barcastaff

Feb 14, 2023
I was in this same situation for a month and then sent a webform indicating I had not yet received my COPR number. I then had an update to my account with my COPR number after 3 working days. I also now have the PR portal invite email.
For those in this situation it might be worth trying to submit a webform
When did you receive your CSQ? Which option did you use for the webform?