+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

background checks

susana

Nov 4, 2008
You are taking a huge risk here , the job experience letter is one of the most important documents of your application as you have the onus to prove you have the experience you are claiming in your application . Make sure you follow the instructions step by step regarding this matter . Affidavits and other means that other people suggest you to send instead the letter as per the requirements are increasing your chances for a refusal

E01985337

Sep 21, 2014
susana said:
You are taking a huge risk here , the job experience letter is one of the most important documents of your application as you have the onus to prove you have the experience you are claiming in your application . Make sure you follow the instructions step by step regarding this matter . Affidavits and other means that other people suggest you to send instead the letter as per the requirements are increasing your chances for a refusal
Ok, can you please tell me, where your past (x) employer is not ready to provide you with job duties, what should we do in that case?

susana

Nov 4, 2008
E01985337 said:
Ok, can you please tell me, where your past (x) employer is not ready to provide you with job duties, what should we do in that case?
You could send copies of contracts, paystubs, income tax reports as supporting documents

Lette of reference from your current and past employers are an important part of your application. These letters should be on company letterhead and signed by the appropriate individual. The letters must include your period of employment, positions held, duties, salary, hours of work, and a business card of the person signing.

If you can not provide the letter, you must include an explanation in your application why not. If you can not get letters of reference, the next best thing would be to provide old contracts of employment with your employers, or old performance reviews.

If you can not provide any of the above, your application may be in jeopardy.

Some applicants had been providing a sworn affidavit signed by an previuos supervisor/ employer describing all the details of their employment to help support their application, along with your their explanation and description. Some of them have been refused and some have not.

You will need to find anything you can to support your work experience claim and accept that CIC may or may not accept it depending on the circumstances.

mwrooney

Aug 31, 2014
susana said:
Good Post! +1 for you

Futurist

Star Member
Aug 31, 2014
so pay slips are not mandatory while submitting application?

susana said:
Why are you worried about the reference letters ? If you had the position and whatever is written on it is accurate, who cares who they call ? They can call to the Human Resources Manager , the person who signed the letter or any other superior officer. If they have concerns about it, you will be asked to submit paystubs and contract.

mwrooney

Aug 31, 2014
Futurist said:
so pay slips are not mandatory while submitting application?
Yes they are not as mentioned in document check list but good to give as more proves you provide faster will be your process and less investigation:D 8)

E01985337

Sep 21, 2014
susana said:
You could send copies of contracts, paystubs, income tax reports as supporting documents

Lette of reference from your current and past employers are an important part of your application. These letters should be on company letterhead and signed by the appropriate individual. The letters must include your period of employment, positions held, duties, salary, hours of work, and a business card of the person signing.

If you can not provide the letter, you must include an explanation in your application why not. If you can not get letters of reference, the next best thing would be to provide old contracts of employment with your employers, or old performance reviews.

If you can not provide any of the above, your application may be in jeopardy.

Some applicants had been providing a sworn affidavit signed by an previuos supervisor/ employer describing all the details of their employment to help support their application, along with your their explanation and description. Some of them have been refused and some have not.

You will need to find anything you can to support your work experience claim and accept that CIC may or may not accept it depending on the circumstances.
Thanks for your advise. Now the only document I have from my x employer (who employed me many years ago) are as follows:
1>Appointment letter (has my name , my address, my designation. Shows my benefits well. Now this letter is on a company letter head however the HR now has moved to a different state and I do not have their contact number. What can I do in this case?

2>Confirmation letter confirming that my probation period is over and I am a confirmed employee

3>Salary Increment letter

4>Releiving letter: this shows my designation and length of employment.

These are the only things I have. No duties are mentioned here.

I am getting really confused and depressed because of this. My previous employer will not help me with job duties. I just dont know what to do?

Vinzy

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO (Processing) / ADVO (PP Sub)
NOC Code......
2281/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Nomination.....
25-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-3-2016
IELTS Request
01-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-6-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
susana said:
Hi Susana,

Thanks for the inputs, I have all the letters (Including Offer, Promotion, Salary Increase, Resignation acceptance and Reveling) on a bond paper on company letter head. However, this employer said reference letters with the roles and responsibilities printed are against their policy and i also have an email from my lead (form this official email address) stating the same. I really need to get this experience counted or else i will end up with maybe less that 67 points. So i was considering Affidavit. Please advise. Thank you !

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Position and job duties are relevant on your application, many applicants have been refused for not providing them. Does the company has a job description with the duties ? The must have it, Maybe you could try to ask your employer to give you a certified copy of the job description , and he can write on the letter, " job description and duties attached "

Regards,

susana

Nov 4, 2008
This happened to another applicant :

Re: Desperately waiting. Need help
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 09:30:14 pm »

My docs have been returned from CIO . The employment letter did not provide enough evidence that I performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation. Will apply again.

Vinzy

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO (Processing) / ADVO (PP Sub)
NOC Code......
2281/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Nomination.....
25-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-3-2016
IELTS Request
01-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-6-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
susana said:
Position and job duties are relevant on your application, many applicants have been refused for not providing them. Does the company has a job description with the duties ? The must have it, Maybe you could try to ask your employer to give you a certified copy of the job description , and he can write on the letter, " job description and duties attached "

Regards,
[/quote

Thanks ! i will check with my employer if they can arrange this. Regards.

chakri8385

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-2014
I have already sent my application. But after reading this thread I have 2 doubts.

1) Is it absolutely necessary to send a Business card of my boss? I got the experience letter from HR department. So what is the significance of Boss's business card?
2) I have a total of 8+ years of experience. I applied for 2171 and I have 3+ years of experience in this NOC according to experience letters. Experience of other 5 years is in other areas. So will that 5+ years also add upto the total points?

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Vinzy said:
Guys one more question. If i take a affidavit for my reference letter, what docs do i need for the support for the person who is signing it? he dosent have a company business card.
In fact, the docs such as salary certificates, reference letters etc needs to be notarized/legalized by either Chamber of Commerce of the Country or your Embassy. This way it would protect you from answering the queries as to whether the papers were signed by genuine personal heading the department.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
chakri8385 said:
I have already sent my application. But after reading this thread I have 2 doubts.

1) Is it absolutely necessary to send a Business card of my boss? I got the experience letter from HR department. So what is the significance of Boss's business card?
2) I have a total of 8+ years of experience. I applied for 2171 and I have 3+ years of experience in this NOC according to experience letters. Experience of other 5 years is in other areas. So will that 5+ years also add upto the total points?
The business card is not mandatory . No worries ! Is better to include but is not a MUST.

And letters of employment DO NOT need to be NOTARIZED

chakri8385

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-2014
susana said:
The business card is not mandatory . No worries ! Is better to include but is not a MUST.

And letters of employment DO NOT need to be NOTARIZED
Thanks Susana. Can you let me know if any experience out of selected NOC is counted for points?