August 2, 2017
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting..,
I think its for you

hayuuu

Jul 20, 2017
hi pls help my application is now at bg is on since march 2017 med is passed...im worried that i missed to fill out some travilling of spouse that is from his old pp..shoud i inform

Len

Apr 28, 2013
Qorax,
After medical passed, what is the difference between 'File in queue' and File under final review'? Which one comes first. I got a mail from CIC (LVO) saying my file is in the queue, while some colleagues said theirs is 'file in final review', undergoing review. Thanks.

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Hi,
I applied for my husband's PR under the spousal sponsorship program Outland in April 2017. We got a PFL ON Dec 22. Our response deadline was Jan 24. We submitted a 360 page big document via mail which arrived at our VO on Jan 22, and we submitted a condensed version of our response online on Jan 18. Today his BGC went into progress. I want to know if this is an indication that they are satisfied with our response and if eligibility has been passed?

hgspsd8

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017
Thank you very much Mr. qorax's introduction. My application status is below:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

What does this mean?
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

What does this mean?

Thank you very much!

Reactions: qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

What does this mean?

Thank you very much!
Seems like your processing is going smoothly.

Feb 16, 2018
Hi seniors,
I am new here and writing to seek some guidance on my situation.
I have submitted my e-APR recently. In one of my previous visit visa application to CIC, back in 2012, I have mentioned my job title of that time (Programme Officer), which later on changed to (Programme Coordinator) in the same organization. This change of title was made due to some procedural/compliance requirement of my organization and has nothing to do with promotion/up-gradation. My grade, salary and job description remained the same. For this job duration, the organization issued me experience letter with the new job title "Programme Coordinator", for the entire duration (2011 - 2013), which I provided with my current e-APR. Now, in my e-APR, I have mentioned that back in 2012, I was working as 'Programme Coordinator', which is a contradiction to the information provided in the previous visit visa application where I mentioned my job title as 'Programme Officer'. I haven't mentioned this in LOE either. What should I do now? Wondering if there is a way I can communicate this to the CIC at this stage? Thanks for your insights in advance!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi seniors,
I am new here and writing to seek some guidance on my situation.
I have submitted my e-APR recently. In one of my previous visit visa application to CIC, back in 2012, I have mentioned my job title of that time (Programme Officer), which later on changed to (Programme Coordinator) in the same organization. This change of title was made due to some procedural/compliance requirement of my organization and has nothing to do with promotion/up-gradation. My grade, salary and job description remained the same. For this job duration, the organization issued me experience letter with the new job title "Programme Coordinator", for the entire duration (2011 - 2013), which I provided with my current e-APR. Now, in my e-APR, I have mentioned that back in 2012, I was working as 'Programme Coordinator', which is a contradiction to the information provided in the previous visit visa application where I mentioned my job title as 'Programme Officer'. I haven't mentioned this in LOE either. What should I do now? Wondering if there is a way I can communicate this to the CIC at this stage? Thanks for your insights in advance!
It wouldn't effect your PR application. You don't have to do/write anything unless asked for (which is unlikely).

tejbirsingh

Jun 7, 2017
Hi all,

I got my PPR in November 2017, but i got married in December and notified CIC about that. They gave me a months time to update the forms. On January 28th i got medical request for my spouse and i submitted the e-medical sheet.
On 4th Feb the status changed to:
Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
Background check: Not applicable.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Since then, the status has not moved further. Any idea how much time does it take to process the background check.

Vikranthb

Feb 24, 2018
Hi there,
I'm planning to apply for express entry. I'm meeting with the required CRS score (446) but my worry is, as you mentioned that in the BGC, they're going to perform the stay in other countries. I've an overstay back in 2009 in UK for 4 months and I couldn't get my Visa extended due to false documents submission. They have asked me to leave the country.

Now that, I'm planning to apply to Canada, I was going through this security's thread which talk about checks that they going to conduct. It is worrying me a lot that I will be rejected. Could you please advise? In case I'll have to submit the reason for my overstay and the reason for rejection?

Last edited:

maki22

Jan 6, 2018

Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).

A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
Just to note that some visa offices do not update ecas with detailed information.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi there,
I'm planning to apply for express entry. I'm meeting with the required CRS score (446) but my worry is, as you mentioned that in the BGC, they're going to perform the stay in other countries. I've an overstay back in 2009 in UK for 4 months and I couldn't get my Visa extended due to false documents submission. They have asked me to leave the country.

Now that, I'm planning to apply to Canada, I was going through this security's thread which talk about checks that they going to conduct. It is worrying me a lot that I will be rejected. Could you please advise? In case I'll have to submit the reason for my overstay and the reason for rejection?
You're likely to have troubles. Denial may not be ~ but you'd have a lot to explain. And you're likely to overshoot the regular processing time.

Amrni

Apr 3, 2018

Qorax
Hi there Qorax :
thanks for the informative respond Bro .
there is an issue which i believe your knowledge can help me to pass it through .
i have applied in Ankara Office for a Student VISA and my eligibility is being passed as per the official email i have received from the them. its being mentioned that i need to wait for the background check result and then the passport request notice will be issued
appreciate if you please advice what items will be considered on database checks with the local police of the countries which we have traveled to for instance? what elements are important for the Canadian authorities in this particular case?
NOTE: i have been traveling back and forth to south east Asia frequently for a time frame of 10 months in 2011 and 12.
to conclude, i'd appreciate if you please advice the approximate time which i have to wait for the result .

Last edited: