+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

jstar

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Hi Qorax,

Hope you had nice holidays. I need some suggestions from you regarding my situation.

Current Status: 'Post graduate work permit' Expiry date: June 20 , 2011
PR (FSW 3): Currently in the status of 'in-process' from June 2010.

My PR application went to the status of 'in-process' from June 2010 and till now no medicals. Is there any possibility that I could get my PR before June 2011?

In case if I run out of my current work permit time to stay in Canada what should I do, I mean is it any other way I can extend my visa?

My wife who is currently under 'spouse open work permit' will be getting her Canadian temporary registered dietitian license to practice from 1st April 2011. If she get a job in April 2011, will she be able to get 'work permit' within June 20, 2011?

Also, my wife completed the bridging program 'Internationally Educated Pre-registration Program' (part time) in Ryerson University and currently doing final practicum. Since it was a part time program, will she be eligible to apply for post-graduate work permit now?

Qorax, sorry to put too many questions, I don't know to whom I could reach for help regarding my situation.

jahangirit

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2006
Doc's Request.
November 4, 2009
File Transfer...
February 26, 2010
Med's Request
Waiting
[size=10pt][size=10pt]Dear All,

I am facing problem for my POF. I am a old applicant applied December, 2006 and my
2nd docs sent on February 26, 2010 with POF (FDR from SCB). My lawyer told me that
it will take around 3-4 months and I thought that way.

Every months I am bearing huge amount of money for this POF with SCB, and I am already fade up, this February 26, 2011 it will be 1 year after full doc submission. My lawyer is not giving any suggestion to me.

What should I do?

Should I close the FDR with SCB?

Please help me, I need your suggestion urgently.

Regards,

Jahangir

[/size][/size]

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
22-06-2012 (received 2nd July 2012)
Med's Done....
10-07-2012 (received by CHC London 16th July 2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Sometime in March, April :-)
imu said:
\
dear pooja
the VO asked to take the x-ray . i consulted with the doctor and he advised that it may not cause problems at the stage of physical condition. they used a shield to do the x-ray.please pray for my upcoming baby.
wishes
imu
all d best imu
ur prayers will b answer
our wishes r with u n ur baby
cheers

Candreamz

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
With papers
File Transfer...
27-01-2010
Med's Request
06-10-2010
Med's Done....
14-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
may - 2011
Hi Qorax,

i received a request for medical, PPR and RPRF on October 6 and Same was fulfill in month of October itself,

Then i received a request to submit my marriage and post marriage photographs in the Month of November and i submitted the same with visa office on December 1st 2010.

So now my question are

1 My Background and Security checks are done or not as i am planning to resign from my job

2 nowadays CHC is asking for Marriage photographs very frequently, is there any Change in the rules or just to curb illegal marriages

3 If everything is done how long will it be required for CHC to Issue Visa's

waiting for Reply.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Candreamz said:
Hi Qorax,

i received a request for medical, PPR and RPRF on October 6 and Same was fulfill in month of October itself,

Then i received a request to submit my marriage and post marriage photographs in the Month of November and i submitted the same with visa office on December 1st 2010.

So now my question are

1 My Background and Security checks are done or not as i am planning to resign from my job

2 nowadays CHC is asking for Marriage photographs very frequently, is there any Change in the rules or just to curb illegal marriages

3 If everything is done how long will it be required for CHC to Issue Visa's

waiting for Reply.
PPR takes 3-5 months from meds. Usually 3. And in that pd certain work needs to be done on a case file. Now, CHC-ND is operating on a different, but welcome path - which doesn't mean that these 3-5 months could be obliterated. At best a month or 2 could be reduced, with some proactive planning - which they did during the 2009 pd - but seems that they have reverted back to the usual timeframe since. So:

1. Your b/g check should be complete, but not your security.
2. No change in the law... such things r case-to-case (!?!) basis.
3. As said earlier -- 3-5 months from the date the meds+everything reached them.

Qorax

Candreamz

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
With papers
File Transfer...
27-01-2010
Med's Request
06-10-2010
Med's Done....
14-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
may - 2011
Hi Qorax,

Thank you for your response.
one more thing i have been to USA for 2 different times but my visit was official and also the stay was less than 3 months both the times. Is this the reason for delay ? As i have seen most of the people are getting visa in 2 months time after medicals and passports submission.

Candreamz

rabecca

Jan 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2009
AOR Received.
Sep 2009
File Transfer...
Oct 2009
Hi Qorax,

Wish you a very happy newyear.

I have applied my PR on Aug 2009 and my status went to inprocess on May 2010.They requested me few documents and i have them on June.I have received my medicals so far...Mean while my work permit is expiring on 28th Jan 2011.I have applied for the renewal on the same employer. They received my application and sent the letter stating that "The file has sent to the higher official and at this time they are unable to make decision on it". IS it normal.
I also have my daughter as dependent.i havent sent her application for the extension.I thought let me get mine then i will apply her..Can i send now.

Thanks

sandhujatt

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Doc's Request.
26 jan 2010
Nomination.....
na
AOR Received.
documents recieved by ND Office 23 March
IELTS Request
submitted initialy
File Transfer...
3 feb
Med's Request
21 may
Med's Done....
03 june again and again done and finally sent on 29th december
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21 may sent on 04 june again sent on 30th december 2010(recalled for making Son's Passport)
VISA ISSUED...
24 january 2011
LANDED..........
planning in april
Dear Qorax
Please suggest
i had got medicals,PPR,RPRF request in may 2010 i submitted the same in june 2010 but i got medical furtherance again and again in the meantime we decided to include our son in the application so we requested CHC for sending back our passports for making our sons passport in november 2010 in reply to this they sent our passports along with his medicals request.They mentioned in the letter that we should send all the three passports to them only when our medicals are cleared.So i got my son medically examined and also my wifes sputum report was also found to be negative.So i sent them passports on 30th december.
Now my question is when can i expect my passports back?
Are there any chances of further delay in the process?
Please reply

zafarislam

Jul 12, 2009
Hello Qorax..

Hope you will be good.

My application was in background check and my medical has been expired in Aug 2010.
In Nov 2010 i received new letter from CIC London for updated police certificate and
mentioned that upon receipt of photos and updated police certificate we will issue new medical forms.

I wanted to know how much time i have to wait for passport request after re-medical.

Best Regards

Sans_May2010

Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 30, 2010
Nomination.....
Docs received at Visa Office on Oct 18, 2010
Med's Request
June 23, 2013 & April 7, 2014
Med's Done....
August 2, 2013 & March 10, 2014
Passport Req..
June 23, 2013 & April 7, 2014
It reads like the security check is done prior to passport submission. But Delhi visa office is asking passport and medicals together, So in this case one may be delayed to get the passports back with visa if the CHC want to check any security issues, right?

I am a bit concerned about the security check because my first and second passports are lost and issed with a new one from yemen in 2006 and the problem is I have no FIR because my company I am employed with were doing all these for me. But I have submitted a PCC which clearly indicates that I am not involved in any such criminal actions. Another issue is I stayed in UAE for 11 months on visit visa and they didnt issue me a PCC as I was on visit visa there.

Just waiting to see how is things happening.

Thanks, Sans_May2010

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
To: All the members above who got 'reMeds'

Pls note that reMeds r a requirement for further processing your case - once the 'older' meds get 'expired'. It's a regular std procedure of the CIC. A call for reMeds is a 'normal work' of your VO -- It doesn't mean that your case file has come to 'finalization' or whether the case has been 'security cleared'.

The s/checks might yet be going-on... but the reMeds will still be needed by the CIC to keep your file 'open'.

It's only once the s/check returns 'cleared' that we would get the PPR. Thus, how much time it'd take once the reMeds r done - could not be anticipated. It could be a few months, or many. Generally speaking, one should be aware that the s/checks usually take about 3-7 months max. And that depends on case-to-case basis.

Nonetheless, over the various forums we have observed/learnt that once the 2nd Meds r done, usually the case comes to a 'conclusive end' in a couple of months. Say by 2-3 months. It's very rare that someone would go for their 3rd meds.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Sans_May2010 said:
It reads like the security check is done prior to passport submission. But Delhi visa office is asking passport and medicals together, So in this case one may be delayed to get the passports back with visa if the CHC want to check any security issues, right?

I am a bit concerned about the security check because my first and second passports are lost and issed with a new one from yemen in 2006 and the problem is I have no FIR because my company I am employed with were doing all these for me. But I have submitted a PCC which clearly indicates that I am not involved in any such criminal actions. Another issue is I stayed in UAE for 11 months on visit visa and they didnt issue me a PCC as I was on visit visa there.

Just waiting to see how is things happening.

Thanks, Sans_May2010
As long as u have a 'cleared' PCC, u have nothing to worry.
Yes, even if u have submitted 'all-in-one' package [a CHC-ND specialty] u'd yet need to wait for those timeframes for the s/checks (3-5 months). As w/out the s/clearances we cannot expect to obtain our Visa/s.

It was only in the yr-2009 that CHC-ND was 'superfast' - for some cases. Wherein, they ran s/checks concurrently with the b/ground checks. And thus, could issue the PRVs in 2 months from the 'package' sent. But, as observed over the forums, they have made that policy redundant now.

Qorax

zafarislam

Jul 12, 2009
Dear Qorax..Thanks a lot for your detail reply on re-medical...

I have another query. This is related to my younger brother.

"My brother Permanent Residence(PR) application was refused in Nov 2010 due to shortage of 1 point only; I requested the visa office to use positive discretion - substituted evaluation, but they declined saying that the decision has been made and that I need to reapply. Now, I cannot reapply for PR at this point because of changes in qualification requirement. I am planning to apply for study permit, and currently in the process of getting university admission in Masters program. I have my elder brother in Canada.

What you think are chances of me getting a study permit after PR refusal, and what I should highlight in my study permit visa application that can convince the visa officer to grant me study visa.

Thank you,

Best regards,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
zafarislam said:
Dear Qorax..Thanks a lot for your detail reply on re-medical...

I have another query. This is related to my younger brother.

"My brother Permanent Residence(PR) application was refused in Nov 2010 due to shortage of 1 point only; I requested the visa office to use positive discretion - substituted evaluation, but they declined saying that the decision has been made and that I need to reapply. Now, I cannot reapply for PR at this point because of changes in qualification requirement. I am planning to apply for study permit, and currently in the process of getting university admission in Masters program. I have my elder brother in Canada.

What you think are chances of me getting a study permit after PR refusal, and what I should highlight in my study permit visa application that can convince the visa officer to grant me study visa.

Thank you,

Best regards,
A Study Visa isn't much a problem -- u should get it easily. But, be careful while selecting your univ.
Qorax

Candreamz

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
With papers
File Transfer...
27-01-2010
Med's Request
06-10-2010
Med's Done....
14-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
may - 2011
Hi Qorax,

Thank you for your response.
one more thing i have been to USA for 2 different times but my visit was official and also the stay was less than 3 months both the times. Is this the reason for delay ? As i have seen most of the people are getting visa in 2 months time after medicals and passports submission.

Candreamz