18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
qorax said:
That's done in CIO-NS, yes b/g checks will be conducted after that, in the CHC.
Dear Qorax,

First of all thank you for your all outstanding support, i have one question i hope you will reply promptly. I am December 2010 applicant, ordered my GCMS last month what i can see they have completed Eligiblity, Criminality and Admissiblity.. but when my file is still in proces.. i approach MP office so they told me my BG checks are undergoing.. i wonder what else remains in BG checks? and how long will it take.. she said they have forwarded BG check queries to International Agencies and now CIC is waiting for their response. I am originally from Pakistan and i have never been to country other than Canada and its clear from my GCMS they haven't touch my file since December 12, 2011.. does that mean they started BG checks in last December? any idea on average how long does this BG check process take...

I will really appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
DentalHero said:
Thank you for your helpful information but what about the length of time for the thorough background checks and can some people receive refusal after waiting all this time and doing medicals / RPRF ???

Warm Regards .....
You are welcome.

There is no time limit to such BG check. Let's say you are from a village in some place like a tribal area of Pakistan and they send an official letter to the chief of security there. The chief there may be throwing all the regular mail he receives in a dirt hole because he has more important things to do (just like Canadian immigration and consular section employee of New York Visa Office when you send them an inquiry).
So, guess what? Unless hired by CIC entity that does BG gets the response and sends it to CIC you will be stuck.

In some cases they are plain lazy or the CIC officer in charge is a pure bigot and refuses to finalize your case because he doesn't like how your name sounds when pronounced. He may claim "BG check not finished" forever.
Again, if this is the case then you are once again out of luck. Unless many years pass and you take it to high court and have court force them to rule on it nothing will happen.
Very costly, stressful solution there.

So, in another words, welcome to reality (aka as Canada).

K

K_S

shaikhaffi said:
Dear Qorax,

First of all thank you for your all outstanding support, i have one question i hope you will reply promptly. I am December 2010 applicant, ordered my GCMS last month what i can see they have completed Eligiblity, Criminality and Admissiblity.. but when my file is still in proces.. i approach MP office so they told me my BG checks are undergoing.. i wonder what else remains in BG checks? and how long will it take.. she said they have forwarded BG check queries to International Agencies and now CIC is waiting for their response. I am originally from Pakistan and i have never been to country other than Canada and its clear from my GCMS they haven't touch my file since December 12, 2011.. does that mean they started BG checks in last December? any idea on average how long does this BG check process take...

I will really appreciate your reply.

Thanks.
wats ur processing date? any update docs request from LVO? if so then when u sent?

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
K_S said:
wats ur processing date? any update docs request from LVO? if so then when u sent?
My case went on In Process and Medical results have been recieved on October 2011. And the requested Police Clearance certificate of my wife in later October 2011 and PPRF. I sent the requested docs in November 2011 and They updated my file as incoming correspondence of requested PC on December 6th 2011.

DentalHero

Sep 24, 2011
canada0801 said:
You are welcome.

There is no time limit to such BG check. Let's say you are from a village in some place like a tribal area of Pakistan and they send an official letter to the chief of security there. The chief there may be throwing all the regular mail he receives in a dirt hole because he has more important things to do (just like Canadian immigration and consular section employee of New York Visa Office when you send them an inquiry).
So, guess what? Unless hired by CIC entity that does BG gets the response and sends it to CIC you will be stuck.

In some cases they are plain lazy or the CIC officer in charge is a pure bigot and refuses to finalize your case because he doesn't like how your name sounds when pronounced. He may claim "BG check not finished" forever.
Again, if this is the case then you are once again out of luck. Unless many years pass and you take it to high court and have court force them to rule on it nothing will happen.
Very costly, stressful solution there.

So, in another words, welcome to reality (aka as Canada).

Thank You for Your Valuable and Realistic Information ......

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
DentalHero said:
Thank You for Your Valuable and Realistic Information ......
You are very welcome.

Basically same BS you are coming from you can apply to Canada and get the picture.
The CIC bureaucrats have no greater competence or zeal for work than their Pakistani counterparts, with only difference being in Pakistan you can probably give few goats in exchange for expedited processing of your inquiry but in Canada only highly positioned crooks can afford bribing officials and get them do their bidding fast (which they nicely call "lobbying" for "interests").

Good luck.

Garu

Jan 19, 2010
Brunei
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 22, 2011
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Issued 24 Feb 2012 but only received 12 June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
19 July 2012
LANDED..........
17 Oct 2012
Hi qorax,

I PM you this question but I didn't get any reply... Please advise.

We just received our passports with Visa which is valid until Nov 3, 2012. My passports and one of my dependent will be less than six months valid by the time of our landing. Will the visa on the old passport still be valid if we renew the passports before landing? Do we have to send the new passports again to CIC for visa stamping?

Please... please... I need your advise. I emailed SGVO but they never reply.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
Garu said:
Hi qorax,

We just received our passports with Visa which is valid until Nov 3, 2012. My passports and one of my dependent will be less than six months valid by the time of our landing. Will the visa on the old passport still be valid if we renew the passports before landing? Do we have to send the new passports again to CIC for visa stamping?

Renewing passport doesn't mean your visa's on old passport will expire, you can renew your passport and still can use old one because visa is stamped on it... when you renew your passport in your country's embassy/consulate they will staple new and old passport together and will tell you to use both as long as your visa is valid... hope it helps.

angelpot

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Calgary A.b.
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo transfered to Seattle
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-10
Doc's Request.
29-10-10 ( 1st AOR CIO )
AOR Received.
18-05-11 ( 2nd AOR )
IELTS Request
submitted already at CIO
File Transfer...
13-04-12 ( buffalo to LA office ) In process May11,2012
Med's Request
17-05-12
Med's Done....
11-06-12 received by Ottawa 04-07-12
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
July 26,2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 18,2012 Visa received Oct.12 ,2012
LANDED..........
October 27, 2012 ( thank GOD )
HI Master Qorax,

I had been a silent follower of all your post and a big fan of your witty answers, and I found you so helpfull and very knowledgable, Pls. share your inputs, I am May 2010 applicants and my Ecas shows in Process with medical received inside, My question SiR , If my Ecas had shown medical received it means my Medicals are ok ? meaning no problem, I had no repeat medicals or anything ? and does it mean they are still doing the background checks ?or they are done with the BG checks and security checks ? before they sent us MR's ? PLs. advise. Thank you so much...and in behalf of all the Forumers...we appreciate all your help. Thanks. Seniors you can share inputs too pls.. Godbless all!!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
angelpot said:
HI Master Qorax,

I had been a silent follower of all your post and a big fan of your witty answers, and I found you so helpfull and very knowledgable, Pls. share your inputs, I am May 2010 applicants and my Ecas shows in Process with medical received inside, My question SiR , If my Ecas had shown medical received it means my Medicals are ok ? meaning no problem, I had no repeat medicals or anything ? and does it mean they are still doing the background checks ?or they are done with the BG checks and security checks ? before they sent us MR's ? PLs. advise. Thank you so much...and in behalf of all the Forumers...we appreciate all your help. Thanks. Seniors you can share inputs too pls.. Godbless all!!!
Usually that e-Cas signifies that ur b/g & security checks stand completed... and ur PPR would be arriving anyday.
-Obviously it also means that ur meds r cleared.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Garu said:
Hi qorax,

22. Valid PR Visa on "expired" passport: - Can I yet 'land' with this pp...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39327.0.html

K

K_S

qorax said:
22. Valid PR Visa on "expired" passport: - Can I yet 'land' with this pp...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39327.0.html
HI.....
After Updated Docs/forms sent to CHC.........normally how many weeks/months required by CHC for MR...?

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
qorax said:
Usually that e-Cas signifies that ur b/g & security checks stand completed... and ur PPR would be arriving anyday.
-Obviously it also means that ur meds r cleared.
Well if it is done in Ottawa then it doesn't mean your BG checks are complete however your criminality, eligibility and admisibility is already passed at this stag and so is your medical but there is one more big check they have to make sure is Thorough BG checks, CIC forward your details to CSIS and they checks on their system and decide whether or not thorough BG checks are needed if they are that means another 4 to 6 months (i am going through that process now). If they decide not to do your thorough BG checks then they will send back the file to CIC and CIC will then request you PPR within no more than 2 months.

Hope it helps.

kkhan870

Nov 21, 2008
shaikhaffi said:
Well if it is done in Ottawa then it doesn't mean your BG checks are complete however your criminality, eligibility and admisibility is already passed at this stag and so is your medical but there is one more big check they have to make sure is Thorough BG checks, CIC forward your details to CSIS and they checks on their system and decide whether or not thorough BG checks are needed if they are that means another 4 to 6 months (i am going through that process now). If they decide not to do your thorough BG checks then they will send back the file to CIC and CIC will then request you PPR within no more than 2 months.

Hope it helps.
It's very bad that even your medicals are getting expired and still they don't answer you, I have a question that how one can know that the file has been sent to CSIS for screening, your answer will be appreciated