Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

Mr.Engineer

VIP Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2014 [color=red]ye sab tera karam hai ALLAH verna meri itni aukaat na thi[/color]
LANDED..........
landed jan 2015 MashaAllah
Mskhameneh said:
Dear Mr.Engineer
can you tell me what does MI2, MI3 ... Means?
Regards
MI1=Ministereal instructions 1 = applications submitted 28 feb 2008 to 25 june 2010
MI2=Ministereal instructions 2 = applications submitted 26 june 2010 to 30 june 2011
MI3=Ministereal instructions 3 = applications submitted 1st July 2011 to 30 june 2012

Mskhameneh

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29 September 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
08 March 2012
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
3 Aug 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
Will be landing on 6 of Oct
Mr.Engineer said:
MI1=Ministereal instructions 1 = applications submitted 28 feb 2008 to 25 june 2010
MI2=Ministereal instructions 2 = applications submitted 26 june 2010 to 30 june 2011
MI3=Ministereal instructions 3 = applications submitted 1st July 2011 to 30 june 2012
Thank you for your reply
Can you tell me if there are any differences in their processing time? I think my case is in MI3 but my ecase has not disappeared as you mentioned before.
Best Regards

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
Mskhameneh said:
Thank you for your reply
Can you tell me if there are any differences in their processing time? I think my case is in MI3 but my ecase has not disappeared as you mentioned before.
Best Regards
MI3's processing time is the quickest....anywhere between 6-10 months
MI2 and MI1 would take longer as they are not processed on priority.......can take anywhere between end of this yr or startin of next yr, just to review and process files for MI2 &1

Islamabad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
Med's Request
04 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
10 Aug 2011
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
qorax said:
Hi,

Pls have patience... Sometimes some cases take a longer time to materialize for reasons best known to CIC. There's actually very many variables between different case files. I'd advice u to contact ur IO periodically, 'coz it's delayed for sure, and there's nothing wrong in ur anxiety... shoot them a query once in 4-weeks till u get a proper answer.

All the best.

Qorax
Dear Qorax!

Need your help. I replied to I0 email that was sent to me on 8th May identifying that my review will take place in couple of weeks, now its been a month and no response yet,
plz let me know shud i inquire again abt my status, Meds r going to expire (in 60-Days) on10th Aug 2012 ....NO TIME LEFT :(
Your prompt response will be appriciated.

Thanks...

Mskhameneh

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29 September 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
08 March 2012
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
3 Aug 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
Will be landing on 6 of Oct
jaggy999 said:
MI3's processing time is the quickest....anywhere between 6-10 months
MI2 and MI1 would take longer as they are not processed on priority.......can take anywhere between end of this yr or startin of next yr, just to review and process files for MI2 &1
Thanks a lot for your information.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Islamabad said:
Dear Qorax!

Need your help. I replied to I0 email that was sent to me on 8th May identifying that my review will take place in couple of weeks, now its been a month and no response yet,
plz let me know shud i inquire again abt my status, Meds r going to expire (in 60-Days) on10th Aug 2012 ....NO TIME LEFT :(
Your prompt response will be appriciated.

Thanks...
I'd believe ur file is held-up for the security clearance/s. Yes, u may contact them periodically for progress. And regretfully, u might not make it with this meds unless u receive ur PPR this month.

Qorax

neesha

Star Member
Apr 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 24th Sept
hey qorax ji
how r u doing ,?
yesterday i checked my status and it shown my current mailing address which is indian address not canadian add,,,
we have done our medical on 9th march and on 23rd march our passport ,, pcc and RPRF received by NDVO
on 19th Apr - RPRF encased and on 24th Apr medical received line added to ecas..
now what wll happen wid us,,
plz u r the right person to give this answer
:( :( :(

Islamabad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
Med's Request
04 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
10 Aug 2011
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
qorax said:
I'd believe ur file is held-up for the security clearance/s. Yes, u may contact them periodically for progress. And regretfully, u might not make it with this meds unless u receive ur PPR this month.

Qorax
Dear Qorax!

Many thanks and i wud also like to share the following link : this is the latest update abt medical exp period,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

Wud it be helpful in my case if i dont get PPR this month ?

Take Care.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
qorax said:
Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.
Does it mean that security checks start AFTER 'Med Results Recd.' appears on e-cas or that the line added after completion of SC?

Sharp2000

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 2010
IELTS Request
sent with complete documents
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
11/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
22/03/2012
Passport Req..
11/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting..........
Dear Qrax

I have a serious problem concerning RPRF payment to NDVO. Unfortunately in hurry I made e-payment of RPRF of CAD 490 in CIC and have got an official reciept from CIC in my mail. But later i came to know that NDVO only accept DD so now i again have to make DD for RPRF. Now my problem is how to get my e-payment of CAD 490 refund from CIC?? please advice me ....

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
Hi Qorax sir........

There's a doubt that many members have.......do we need to reveal the DMP of any disease such as typhoid, jaundice or malaria which we had in the past(3 or 4 yrs ago)?

Do you think these can be detected even now and can pose a problem when we undergo medicals?

Plz help sir......ur views are highly appreciated :)

Man In Black

Dec 21, 2010
Pak
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2010
Doc's Request.
11-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-05-2011
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
waiting
jaggy999 said:
Hi Qorax sir........

There's a doubt that many members have.......do we need to reveal the DMP of any disease such as typhoid, jaundice or malaria which we had in the past(3 or 4 yrs ago)?

Do you think these can be detected even now and can pose a problem when we undergo medicals?

Typhoid and malaria cant b detected in any case after a month,because these r infections caused by Bacteria and Plasmodium,Jaundice is a viral disease which can b detected if it is hepatitis B or C ,hepatitis A cant b detected after 8 months of recovery to the safe side.

chefprashi

Mar 17, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 sep 2011
AOR Received.
dec 15
IELTS Request
sent
Med's Request
15 Feb2012
Med's Done....
29 Feb
Interview........
RPRF encashed on 11 April 2012
Passport Req..
15 Feb and delivered on 9 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM ON 27th Aug. 2012
jaggy999 said:
Hi Qorax sir........

jaggy I had jaundice 6 yrs ago and informed the same 2 the dmp. And my medical received line added in e das. It means no problem at all I guess.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jaggy999 said:
Hi Qorax sir........

It's always wise to inform about our past med-situations to the DMP [it's actually advised by the DMP handbook too]. In most cases it'd not affect anything.

chefprashi

Mar 17, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 sep 2011
AOR Received.
dec 15
IELTS Request
sent
Med's Request
15 Feb2012
Med's Done....
29 Feb
Interview........
RPRF encashed on 11 April 2012
Passport Req..
15 Feb and delivered on 9 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM ON 27th Aug. 2012
It's been 3 mnts after pp sent to ndvo and no reply . No reply to my mail too from ndvo. Wat can b the reason for delay captain. Is it because SC OR BC.how many more days do I hv to w8. Plz reply me sir qorax. Tnx in advance.