+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

toronto2

Star Member
May 29, 2011
to yezdi

have u done the medical yet
which consulate u belong

ask ur employer if he can help you other do you have any tax returns or documents showing ur proof that u worked for that employer
and write a explained letter to ur vo if u cant get anything fom ur employer

sohail-khan86

Star Member
May 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2009
Doc's Request.
4-6-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-12-2010---------- re-meds (24-2-2012)
Interview........
sept 2011... Case Approved...
Passport Req..
25/7/2012.. decision made. (28/8/2012) lets see when I get my passport back now..
VISA ISSUED...
22/8/2012
LANDED..........
27th jan 13 n became permanent resident...
Yezdi2112 said:
Hi Qorax

I have received communication from the Canadian Consulate after nearly 3 years of my application regarding the results of the background verification. They have mentioned that the phone numbers in the reference letter are not valid and the website is not functional. They are in doubt about my employment with the company. They have given me 30 days to reply, failing which they would take a decision based on the information on my file.

I had worked in this company about 10 years back. I got in touch with my co-workers from then and, they informed me that the company closed shop in 2007 or 2008. Naturally, the background verification has failed due to no fault of mine. Unfortunately, I did not retain any documents from my employment other than the experience letter, as I moved to the States for Graduate studies and my folks cleaned out my room after I left. Who would have thought 10 years down the line, I might need them!

I am going to explain to the consulate the situation. But, I am sure that my explanation might not be enough to convince them. Any suggestions or thoughts on my situation would be greatly appreciated. I have about 15 days left to answer their queries.

Thanks
You are right that they won't be convinced.. Even I am not convinced, then how are they suppose to..I am sure if you have worked there you must have some other kind of proof.. Try searching for it..

2011july20

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffallo Transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
XXXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application and May 2014
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
First AOR 10-2011, second AOR December 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
October -2013 and RPRF paid on Oct 2013
Med's Done....
November 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM 7-15-2014 PPR 10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10/2014
LANDED..........
12/2014
sohail-khan86 said:
You are right that they won't be convinced.. Even I am not convinced, then how are they suppose to..I am sure if you have worked there you must have some other kind of proof.. Try searching for it..
You should have something else as a proof-for example a copy of the pay stub which should bear the name of the payer (company you worked for). Even with direct deposit, the bank statement shoud show the origin of the funds. Good luck.

sohail-khan86

Star Member
May 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2009
Doc's Request.
4-6-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-12-2010---------- re-meds (24-2-2012)
Interview........
sept 2011... Case Approved...
Passport Req..
25/7/2012.. decision made. (28/8/2012) lets see when I get my passport back now..
VISA ISSUED...
22/8/2012
LANDED..........
27th jan 13 n became permanent resident...
2011july20 said:
You should have something else as a proof-for example a copy of the pay stub which should bear the name of the payer (company you worked for). Even with direct deposit, the bank statement shoud show the origin of the funds. Good luck.
Very true.. These are some nice ideas. There must be bank record or something.. However if you are unable to give any proof besides that letter you are going to write. You and I both know whats going to happen.. Best of luck..

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
tiarachel85 said:
Hello Qorax Sir

Thanks indeed for replying Sir. Its very nice of you.

So if we visit any organisation for newcomers, is it ok to tell them that we are more than willing to take any survival job at first? Can they also guide in making our resume for survival job?
You can prefer, apply and do whatever job you like while you are in Canada. No problem.

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
Yezdi2112 said:
Hi Qorax

I have received communication from the Canadian Consulate after nearly 3 years of my application regarding the results of the background verification. They have mentioned that the phone numbers in the reference letter are not valid and the website is not functional. They are in doubt about my employment with the company. They have given me 30 days to reply, failing which they would take a decision based on the information on my file.

I had worked in this company about 10 years back. I got in touch with my co-workers from then and, they informed me that the company closed shop in 2007 or 2008. Naturally, the background verification has failed due to no fault of mine. Unfortunately, I did not retain any documents from my employment other than the experience letter, as I moved to the States for Graduate studies and my folks cleaned out my room after I left. Who would have thought 10 years down the line, I might need them!

I am going to explain to the consulate the situation. But, I am sure that my explanation might not be enough to convince them. Any suggestions or thoughts on my situation would be greatly appreciated. I have about 15 days left to answer their queries.

Thanks
What about the company after they closed? Were they totally demolished or amalgamated or absorbed by another company? If it is transformed , the existing company can help you regarding the matter.

On the other hand, as previously recommended by others, are very nice ideas. Best of luck!!

Yezdi2112

Sep 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto2 said:
to yezdi

have u done the medical yet
which consulate u belong

ask ur employer if he can help you other do you have any tax returns or documents showing ur proof that u worked for that employer
and write a explained letter to ur vo if u cant get anything fom ur employer
No Medicals have been asked and so not yet reached that stage.
New Delhi is the consulate.

I used to not file my returns during that period. I was getting paid peanuts of 4k per month with no other benifits.

Thanks for your response.

Yezdi2112

Sep 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sohail-khan86 said:
You are right. Even I would not be convinced if I was in their shoes. Unfortunately, there are no records. I have even gone to the attic to see if something relevant was retained. What I found were records and documents dated more than 100 years ago. But, none related to me !

Yezdi2112

Sep 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deba_avik said:
What about the company after they closed? Were they totally demolished or amalgamated or absorbed by another company? If it is transformed , the existing company can help you regarding the matter.

On the other hand, as previously recommended by others, are very nice ideas. Best of luck!!
Actually, what information I have gathered is from my co-workers at that time. Second hand information is even more dangerous. That is the reason, I am in a dilemma.

A lot of things have changed in the last 10 years. Many companies went bust in the aftermath of the dotcom burst and many others were affected during this recession. Even my profile has changed over time and for that matter a lot after applying for the PR. i am not even working since a month. Right now, I am preparing to tie up affairs here and land in Denmark to activate my PR. They did not have any issues with the BG checks.

The Canadian consulate is doing a check after 3 years after my application and expect the details to match. Probably, if they had done their checks earlier, there might have not been confusion.

All I can think of now, is to write a explaination and see how that works out. I do not want to be sitting around waiting for the consulate to turn around. I had put a lot of things on hold hoping the PR would come soon.

Anyways, thanks for your response.

MBKP

Star Member
Mar 25, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Dear Qorax!
As advised by you, I sent a case specific inquiry to London V.O. Following is the response:

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your recent message.
Please be advised that your application is awaiting the review of an Immigration Officer.

Yours Sincerely,

NXR

What is your view on this :)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
MBKP said:
Dear Qorax!
As advised by you, I sent a case specific inquiry to London V.O. Following is the response:

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your recent message.
Please be advised that your application is awaiting the review of an Immigration Officer.

Yours Sincerely,

NXR

What is your view on this :)
Either the security checks aren't complete, or it's still in queue.

Harri

Feb 24, 2008
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2010
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
Med's Request
24 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
24 March 2012
Interview........
No news
Passport Req..
PPR1 7 Nov 2012, PPR2 3rd Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
14 Feb 2013, Calgary
Dear Qorax,

Thanks very much for giving a good insight into the Background Check process, but recently I am observing a different trend coming up from CHC London. A large number of 2010 Pakistani FSW applicants of M1 are getting MR, PRPF, PCC and updated Forms, and none of them have received a job verification call from the CIC, before that many of the applicants used to get verification calls and receipt of MR and PRPF was a sign that Background Checks are over on the file and the process can move further.
I also saw few of such applicants who after sending all the required Docs once approached CHC London through a webform were told that "background checks are still pending".
Should we believe that CHC London has changed the process a little bit? Like CHC ND, the background checks can by anytime? even after MR and PRPF. It is my guess that CHC London is in a hurry to clear the large inventory, and planning to carry out Background Checks at a later stage.
Please share your opinion.

ali222

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
15-8-2011
Med's Done....
20-8-2011
Interview........
not
Passport Req..
ppr step 1 on 24 feb 2012 and step 2 28 march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
5 april 2012
LANDED..........
7 May 2012
today i check my ecas and it change from inprocess to decision made and a line is also added to my ecas that a decision has been made on you application and the office will contact you about concerning decision. as i am waiting for ppr step 2 from 23 days .When should i expect ppr step 2 ?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Harri said:
Dear Qorax,

Thanks very much for giving a good insight into the Background Check process, but recently I am observing a different trend coming up from CHC London. A large number of 2010 Pakistani FSW applicants of M1 are getting MR, PRPF, PCC and updated Forms, and none of them have received a job verification call from the CIC, before that many of the applicants used to get verification calls and receipt of MR and PRPF was a sign that Background Checks are over on the file and the process can move further.
I also saw few of such applicants who after sending all the required Docs once approached CHC London through a webform were told that "background checks are still pending".
Should we believe that CHC London has changed the process a little bit? Like CHC ND, the background checks can by anytime? even after MR and PRPF. It is my guess that CHC London is in a hurry to clear the large inventory, and planning to carry out Background Checks at a later stage.
Please share your opinion.
Nothing has changed. That 'calling of updated forms' is part of the b/g checks... done so when the cases were lodged sometime back & they need to know if there were any updates/changes during the long gestation pd. And remember, there's a 'queue' for older apps, which could take years to beat... and that'd show-up in our BF'Ds.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ali222 said:
today i check my ecas and it change from inprocess to decision made and a line is also added to my ecas that a decision has been made on you application and the office will contact you about concerning decision. as i am waiting for ppr step 2 from 23 days .When should i expect ppr step 2 ?
Congrats!
In a couple of weeks.