+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

Sweety02

Sep 1, 2011
Dear Qorax,
I am new to this forum. I came to India to submit our passports. My husband is also on h1b visa in US. I submitted our passports on 13th jan 2012 and medicals received line since 23rd jan 2012. No updates since. I need to get back to US by April 1st week. When can I expect our passports back? We are worried.
regards...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Sweety02 said:
Dear Qorax,
I am new to this forum. I came to India to submit our passports. My husband is also on h1b visa in US. I submitted our passports on 13th jan 2012 and medicals received line since 23rd jan 2012. No updates since. I need to get back to US by April 1st week. When can I expect our passports back? We are worried.
regards...
With CHC-ND it's a different story, 'coz they ask for the pps together with the meds, unlike other VOs [where the PPR is a separate stage after the meds]. Note that the final security clearances take around 6-8 weeks after meds; so urs might take a while to return. The fastest I had known of ND is a month.

Qorax

jangong

Oct 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Qorax. You may have missed this. I'm hoping to hear your expert opinion regarding this matter.

Under decision made, Is it normal for your address line to change to your intended city of residence in Canada as reflected in your application? Means approval?

Thanks!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jangong said:
Hi Qorax. You may have missed this. I'm hoping to hear your expert opinion regarding this matter.

Under decision made, Is it normal for your address line to change to your intended city of residence in Canada as reflected in your application? Means approval?

Thanks!
It's not 'normal' - but has been observed such with many cases.

jangong

Oct 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
It's not 'normal' - but has been observed such with many cases.
oh. I've seen cases like this also in the other forum, coming from the Manila VO. From your observation, does this connote approval? I'm a bit concerned because it has been over a week now since our eCAS is showing DM yet no word from the embassy about our passports coming back. Is this normal as well? I plan to make an inquiry to the embassy if this is beyond normal.

thanks again.

Sweety02

Sep 1, 2011
Dear Qorax,

Thanks for your reply. My husband's passport is expiring in October 1st week and we informed our lawyer, but they said it's not a cause of concern and that we would be given a smaller window period to enter Canada. Do I need to send a CSE or intimate the CHC to expedite the process as I came to India to only submit the passports or should we wait it out. I am in a big dilemma and itz quiet a long wait.

Plz provide your valuable guidance

Regards.....

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Sweety02 said:
Dear Qorax,

Thanks for your reply. My husband's passport is expiring in October 1st week and we informed our lawyer, but they said it's not a cause of concern and that we would be given a smaller window period to enter Canada. Do I need to send a CSE or intimate the CHC to expedite the process as I came to India to only submit the passports or should we wait it out. I am in a big dilemma and itz quiet a long wait.

Plz provide your valuable guidance

Regards.....
Advice: WAIT FOR THE PPS TO RETURN. Don't rake-up unnecessary complicacies@this stage. Ur pps would return soon, stamped. Relax!
Qorax

Harri

Feb 24, 2008
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2010
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
Med's Request
24 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
24 March 2012
Interview........
No news
Passport Req..
PPR1 7 Nov 2012, PPR2 3rd Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
14 Feb 2013, Calgary
Dear Qoraox,

I have received MR, Updated Docs and request to pay Right of Landing Fee after a wait since April 2010. I have also been asked to submit IMM 5562 E (record of travels). Is it normal?. I am asking because as per my understanding Background Checks are over, or is this part of Security Checks that seems to start after my reply?. Hope it is not going to cause delay?

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
Harri said:
Dear Qoraox,

I have received MR, Updated Docs and request to pay Right of Landing Fee after a wait since April 2010. I have also been asked to submit IMM 5562 E (record of travels). Is it normal?. I am asking because as per my understanding Background Checks are over, or is this part of Security Checks that seems to start after my reply?. Hope it is not going to cause delay?
Congrats, at first, for your updates. Don't worry. You might not send the forms earlier or if you sent earlier coz you could travel during this gap. Everything is normal but what updated documents they are asking?

Harri

Feb 24, 2008
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2010
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
Med's Request
24 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
24 March 2012
Interview........
No news
Passport Req..
PPR1 7 Nov 2012, PPR2 3rd Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
14 Feb 2013, Calgary
deba_avik said:
Congrats, at first, for your updates. Don't worry. You might not send the forms earlier or if you sent earlier coz you could travel during this gap. Everything is normal but what updated documents they are asking?
Thanks for the reply, I have been asked to provide following from CHC London
IMM0008, Schedule of background, Additional family Info IMM5406, IMM5562, Right of Landing Fee, MR, PPC but not POF.

Another question I have booked the local DMP for the MR on 14 March, whereas my passport is expired and the renewed one will be ready by 22 March. Should I get the Meds done before getting a renewed passport? I am asking because the rep of DMP asked me to bring original Passport and also the photocopies. Will it be a problem later on?

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Yes. Ur resumes for the starter jobs should be stripped ones.
Thank you for answering dear.
But what all we can mention in our starter jobs resumes??? Cant we mention our previous jobs/qualifications in india?

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
Harri said:
Thanks for the reply, I have been asked to provide following from CHC London
IMM0008, Schedule of background, Additional family Info IMM5406, IMM5562, Right of Landing Fee, MR, PPC but not POF.

Another question I have booked the local DMP for the MR on 14 March, whereas my passport is expired and the renewed one will be ready by 22 March. Should I get the Meds done before getting a renewed passport? I am asking because the rep of DMP asked me to bring original Passport and also the photocopies. Will it be a problem later on?
Many MI-1 applicants are being asked to send the updated forms and documents. No problem, The VO may work with identical today's forms. Send them, its not a big deal. You can use your current passport, no problem. You will send the updated passport accordingly.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tiarachel85 said:
Thank you for answering dear.
But what all we can mention in our starter jobs resumes??? Cant we mention our previous jobs/qualifications in india?
-The Indian qualifications, in any way, will not be of any help in ur job search in Canada.
-In stripped down CVs u mention 'only' starter positions in ur erstwhile orgs. And nothing more than graduation as ur edn.
-Remember, if u apply for Tim Hortons, and write that u r an MBA - they WILL NOT offer u that position. Ditto if u mention if u were a manager.