+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

P

paris_33

gabrielsjimenez said:
good day im a october 2010 aplicant,our medical forwarded to the embassy last april 15 2011 and my sons furtherance test forwarded last july 18 2011,how can i send my email for inquiry to our application?Weve sent our RPRF last april 2011 together with our NBI,how will i know if they already receive the payments & NBI,until now our ECAS is still in pRocess..Please help me to where i can send my email for inquiries of our case cause ths nov 2011 our application is already 12mos,and its stated thats in our case it only takes 12mos for the completion of our application..
many applicants like you seem to have run out of patience. after medicals, a new timeline begins.

Note the points given below :-
1 / The processing time stated on the VO letters is average - it means some applications take more time and some less.
2 / After medicals have been evaluated and are OK, the security screening process begins. It takes about 4-6 months for most applicants, more if required.

PLEASE READ THE THREADS CAREFULLY

PARIS

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
PER email received : 24th March 2011
Nomination.....
RBVO: 16th April 2011
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
In Process : 13th June 2011
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
20th August 2011, Medicals received line added in e-cas: 18th sep 2011
Interview........
Waived but have to get RCMP cert, which took almost 3 months
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
Dear Friends ,

I really need your assistance on this

My VO is Singapore , I got Medical request on 19th July
I did my Medicals on 20th Aug 2011
The Medicals Reached the Singapore office on the 23rd Aug 2011
The Line "Medicals results have been Received " was added on 17th Sep 2011
Its been more than a month after I received the "Medicals results have been Received " line in ecas but still no news on PPR

is this normal as lots of people tell me that once you get that line in ecas it should be matter of days before I get the PPR

pls pls advise, what should I do and this is normal?

Should i order CAPIS

thanks
charlie

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
helo please any one can tell me .. i am a pakistani national .. living in london .. i had my interview for spouse visa .. they asked for remadical .and repolice certificate .. in canadian high commission in london i have send them again today .. does any one know how much time they will take now .. answer from any one will be appiciated .. thanks . my interveiw is taken in 8th month after they recieved my application . and according to e case in london they take 8 months to complete a case .

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
zaig said:
helo please any one can tell me .. i am a pakistani national .. living in london .. i had my interview for spouse visa .. they asked for remadical .and repolice certificate .. in canadian high commission in london i have send them again today .. does any one know how much time they will take now .. answer from any one will be appiciated .. thanks . my interveiw is taken in 8th month after they recieved my application . and according to e case in london they take 8 months to complete a case .
U should be hearing from them in a month or two, after submitting the fresh meds & PCCs.
Qorax

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax,

as per my lastest caipsnotes, i have a positive selection decision made, and interview was waived
also very positive comments from the VO, VO also commented to ask for Meds and RPRF
my BFD 1st week of Nov

now when i sent CHC Lon a case specific inquiry, i was told background checks are on,

my question is, when can i expect my MRs and what background checks after seldec 4
could be the security checks?

thx alot boss

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ItsBeenLongNow said:
Dear Qorax,

as per my lastest caipsnotes, i have a positive selection decision made, and interview was waived
also very positive comments from the VO, VO also commented to ask for Meds and RPRF
my BFD 1st week of Nov

now when i sent CHC Lon a case specific inquiry, i was told background checks are on,

my question is, when can i expect my MRs and what background checks after seldec 4
could be the security checks?

thx alot boss
Your file could just be in queue for the issuance of your meds. U should hear from them within a few weeks to a month from your next BF'D.

Qorax

piscerian

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 july 2009
Doc's Request.
15 september 2009
File Transfer...
22 september 2009
Med's Request
17th march 2011
Med's Done....
29 march 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17th november 2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
dear qorax
i have a question regarding background checks my medical done on last week of march and reached london on 5th april after that no reply.then i send case specific inquiry then they send me e mail that i have to submit pcc (uae as i am here in uae since 1 year).i already send pcc on 18 th oct2011.
in my case can you predict after how many weeks they will send me ppr or it may delay further for security reasons.

thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
piscerian said:
dear qorax
i have a question regarding background checks my medical done on last week of march and reached london on 5th april after that no reply.then i send case specific inquiry then they send me e mail that i have to submit pcc (uae as i am here in uae since 1 year).i already send pcc on 18 th oct2011.
in my case can you predict after how many weeks they will send me ppr or it may delay further for security reasons.

thanks
Pray that the 'quota' doesn't play spoil-sport to u@this time of the yr... Else, u should be hearing from them within 30 days of the PCC submission.

Qorax

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
PER email received : 24th March 2011
Nomination.....
RBVO: 16th April 2011
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
In Process : 13th June 2011
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
20th August 2011, Medicals received line added in e-cas: 18th sep 2011
Interview........
Waived but have to get RCMP cert, which took almost 3 months
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
Dear Qorax,

What do you advise on my situation, Thanks a lot

Dear Friends ,

Its been more than a month after I received the "Medicals results have been Received " line in ecas but still no news on PPR

is this normal as lots of people tell me that once you get that line in ecas it should be matter of days before I get the PPR

Should i order CAPIS

thanks
charlie

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
andreagail999 said:
Dear Qorax,

What do you advise on my situation, Thanks a lot

Dear Friends ,

Should i order CAPIS

thanks
charlie
Yes, usually after that e-Cas of MR we get our PPR within 30 days.
Blame it on this time of the yr for your delay. Pray & keep your fingers Xed.

Qorax