+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check

Bahar Ali

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Online tool is showing current statusas DECISION MADE but in Gckeyfollowing statements are showing..we are processing your background check.
How long will it take more?

Last edited:

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Online tool is showing current statusas DECISION MADE but in Gckeyfollowing statements are showing..we are processing your background check.
How long will it take more?
Hi You mean Ecas was showing DM? I’m speaking with my own experience here but remember every cases are different and unique.

When I checked my ecas shows DM but not updated at all when clicked the bars both sides there is no new information. I just relied on the email letter from cic I received SA, AIP at the same time and at the same date and the following day I received DM both sides and landing letter. I couldn’t even check my gckey account as I have a representative.

When I called cic automated system still processing my background check and reviewing eligibility so I think just wait for your email confirmation that’s the most important thing to do and since it shows DM on your online account that means confirmation letter will be coming soon. With regards to your question how long the background check? I think until the end of the process most probably.

Reactions: Bahar Ali

Bahar Ali

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Hi You mean Ecas was showing DM? I’m speaking with my own experience here but remember every cases are different and unique.

When I checked my ecas shows DM but not updated at all when clicked the bars both sides there is no new information. I just relied on the email letter from cic I received SA, AIP at the same time and at the same date and the following day I received DM both sides and landing letter. I couldn’t even check my gckey account as I have a representative.

When I called cic automated system still processing my background check and reviewing eligibility so I think just wait for your email confirmation that’s the most important thing to do and since it shows DM on your online account that means confirmation letter will be coming soon. With regards to your question how long the background check? I think until the end of the process most probably.
Today I got an email for submit my passport.

Reactions: Calm2019

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable