+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check

Maysammajd

Jan 31, 2019
Hi
I applied for citizenship on 12 dec 2017 and they started my folder on 20 march 2018 and until now im in process . I called them and they told me im in background check . Thats already 14 month.
Anybody know normally how long does will be takes the background check?
Thanks

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hi
I applied for citizenship on 12 dec 2017 and they started my folder on 20 march 2018 and until now im in process . I called them and they told me im in background check . Thats already 14 month.
Thanks
You are past 12 months processing please talk to ur area MP and ask him to get an answer from CIC on it

Maysammajd

Jan 31, 2019
You are past 12 months processing please talk to ur area MP and ask him to get an answer from CIC on it
I called them and they told me : we can do anything bcs its in background check and they suggested to me to bring a complaind to CIC .they gave me the name and mail of responsible .but im not sure be helpful

Zeina73

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
I called them and they told me : we can do anything bcs its in background check and they suggested to me to bring a complaind to CIC .they gave me the name and mail of responsible .but im not sure be helpful
Hi Maysa
Would you mind telling me from which county are you from?

Zeina73

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Im from Iran but all of my friend already got the pass .even they came to canada after me
Are they from Iran too? Before coming to Canada where you in Iran?.. I read through this thread from Iran its taking too long. This background is being not fair for many form us esp if never left Canad for many years.

Maysammajd

Jan 31, 2019
Yea they are from iran too. I am in canada from sep 2013 and i have 4 vacation ( max 30 days) to iran ..do you have any suggestion?

Zeina73

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Yea they are from iran too. I am in canada from sep 2013 and i have 4 vacation ( max 30 days) to iran ..do you have any suggestion?
Well nothing you can do for now only to wait, many others are not from IRAN also took them 14/15 months to receive the test invite. Hopefully you will get it soon and me too still waiting since Feb 22,2018

Zeina73

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Hi Maysammajd,
Any updates in your application.. Did you file a complain to CIC.. Any respond from them?

Zeina73

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
do you have a common name ? as process time get delayed from the place you are from and also if you have common name.
I am not sure about the delay depends from which country. I know many people from war torn countries and of course their governments are soo corrupted and its impossible to get any information soon are already citizens in less than a year.

poppy9999

Dec 31, 2018
Hi
Thanks
CSIS background check takes anywhere from a few months to years. So be prepared. I am from asia, I moved to canada when i was 18, which was more than 10 years ago. I am still waiting for my background check to finish.
You could request ATIP from CSIS.

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
CSIS background check takes anywhere from a few months to years. So be prepared. I am from asia, I moved to canada when i was 18, which was more than 10 years ago. I am still waiting for my background check to finish.
You could request ATIP from CSIS.
Hi when did you apply for citizenship?