+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check

Home_I_will_be

Jan 4, 2018
My husband is American, I’m Canadian, we are moving back to Canada.

We were just sent the next step to the immigration process. Form 5669 and police background check.

It says they are to be submitted by the end of the month.

We have the form all filled out, but the FBI hasn’t sent the police record to us yet. We contacted a field office, they said 14 weeks, unless we send it electronically, 5 days. But, since we already sent it by mail and don’t have a tracking number, which we lost, we would have to do it all over.

We are going to the post office tonight to see if they can find the tracking number first. If not, we will try to resubmit the FBI information needed.

My question is, what happens if we don’t have the police record by the date they want it by?

Do I explain it to them, and they extend it? I’m not sure how this works? Will it delay everything or affect the process?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you don't have the FBI cert by end of month, simply inform IRCC that you have requested it but are still waiting. Yes - that would delay the process since they cannot move forward with the next steps until you provide the cert.

Home_I_will_be

Jan 4, 2018
If you don't have the FBI cert by end of month, simply inform IRCC that you have requested it but are still waiting. Yes - that would delay the process since they cannot move forward with the next steps until you provide the cert.
Once I send in an explanation....Do they assign another deadline date, or do they just wait to receive it?

Home_I_will_be

Jan 4, 2018
The other question I have is.

If my husbands daughter, who isn’t coming with us, but needs a medical... misses the deadline for the medical, will they assign another deadline?
We are on the other side of the country... they are 2 hours to the closest place to have a medical. Her mother makes excuses and can’t be relied on...and may miss a few appointments we make. She will eventually go... when we nag enough. But we are concerned this may take more than the month we will be given to get her in.

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
The other question I have is.

If my husbands daughter, who isn’t coming with us, but needs a medical... misses the deadline for the medical, will they assign another deadline?
We are on the other side of the country... they are 2 hours to the closest place to have a medical. Her mother makes excuses and can’t be relied on...and may miss a few appointments we make. She will eventually go... when we nag enough. But we are concerned this may take more than the month we will be given to get her in.
Normally IRCC gives you another deadline (1-2 more months is not uncommon). Attach a letter explaining your situation, e.g. include custody papers if any, and attach email backups of all your communications (so IRCC is aware that this eventual delay is out of your control)

Home_I_will_be

Jan 4, 2018
Normally IRCC gives you another deadline (1-2 more months is not uncommon). Attach a letter explaining your situation, e.g. include custody papers if any, and attach email backups of all your communications (so IRCC is aware that this eventual delay is out of your control)
Sorry, I didn’t see your reply. I asked another question, on another thread.
Thank you.
Where do I send the explanation. I wanted to send it email and by mail, and I wanted to make sure I had the right addresses. I wish there was a phone number, but there isn’t. Thank you for your help

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
Sorry, I didn’t see your reply. I asked another question, on another thread.
Thank you.
Where do I send the explanation. I wanted to send it email and by mail, and I wanted to make sure I had the right addresses. I wish there was a phone number, but there isn’t. Thank you for your help

If you haven't submitted the application yet, there is a field like "Letter of Explanation" in the attachments.

Unrelated: the "common" way to sent additional documentation *after* submission is by raising a CSE (case specific enquiry
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx).