01-02-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2010
Med's Done....
30-06-2009
Interview........
waived
Hi,

Does anyone know how long the background check usually takes for family class (common law partners)? I've heard its generally the last step before PPR and apparently this is the step our file is in right now, so just looking for some informaiton about timeline...I realise its going to be different for everyone, my partner's is pretty stratghtforward case, no military service, not a member of any controversial organizations etc...He has lived in a few countries - but we did provide police clearances for all of them.

Please feel free to share your own background check experiences!

Thanks!

I

iarblue

Back ground checks are the same for everyone applying,if you lived in more than one country then it will take a bit longer and everyones case is different.I dont think anyone can answer how long your case will take.You just need to be patient if you cant then call the call center and ask for a status update.

nilufar

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
SOOOOO it takes 1 month for background check upp OMGGgg bc in april 2010 they started doing background check noww i dunoooo if their done??????? doo u guys know howw long?

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
don't be too discouraged i you've lived in more than one country.. my husband resided in two countries and our case was processed below the quoted 30th%ile for the processing office we went thru... it needn't take longer than the average case...

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband's background checks have been going on for over a year now and each time we enquire about the status of our case they say that they're still awaiting the results of the background checks . . . RIDICULOUS!!! It's all just a bunch of political racisim :mad:.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
sometimes unfortunately even though the applicant has only lived in one country the name is close to someone else's so it takes longer for the background check since they have to verify that it isn't the same person....rare and unfortunate for the spouses waiting