+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check

irajmirza

Star Member
Aug 26, 2009
Hi

my background check also has been in process for a long time(around 1 year!!!) and it has not been finalized yet. i think the speed of this process depends on your country of birth and how fast they reply to canadian immigration request. totally i think they are slow these days! please share your ideas.

good luck everyone

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
What stage of the process does it "look" like my husbands application is in?

His application was sent to Singapore late Jan 2010.
Our photos were sent back to him in May 2010, as was a request letter for his fingerprints to be sent to the RCMP for a crim record check
We have sent all that in to the RCMP and we expect that the RCMP will forward the results to CIC by October 2010.

- he has no crim record
- he has only lived in Canada and Indonesia (where he is from and living now)
- he has never served in the military
- His status on the CIC website still says "processing".. and that is all

Does it look as if they are just waiting on the RCMP check? Or will they be looking at the Indonesian background check after (which is clean as a whistle)

Thank you!

SimpleMan

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
I think they are also checking his background too. This process could take few weeks to years.

I hope you will get it done soon.

S

SaugaBoss

uh wow! this thread is scaring me i was born in America parents from Pakistan!! though i have been to pakistan for short trips never lived or worked there nothing.... only visited for shopping i got the same response as everyone so this sucks :mad::mad::mad::mad: i wasnt even born there :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: discrimination :mad: :mad: :mad:

mikky78

Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
Interview........
19-08-2010
What exactly do they do for background check?

S

SaugaBoss

no idea as to what they do but they discriminate thats all i know... :mad: ordering checks for other countries i have never been to thats what it seems like in the email "other govt offices" what freakin office :mad:

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Relax a little. I was born in the UK and had a 6-month background check which they didn't even bother starting until everything else was done. Most applications are finalised faster than that start to finish, so it's not just what country you're born in that matters.

mikky78

Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
Interview........
19-08-2010
You should order for a CAIPS notes from CIC. The note is the database information associated with your file. Essentially, everything besides the forms you and your spouse filled out is in it. The main thing that is contained in the CAIPS notes is the officers' notes. It offers a more detailed glimpse into the workings of an immigration case. Hope that helps,

Order for the notes by emailing or phoning:
Erin Seeds
Jr ATIP Analyst | Analyste AIRP
NHQ - Corporate Affairs | AC - Affaires corporatives
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
360 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 360 avenue Laurier Ouest Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
Erin.Seeds@cic.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone 613-952-3939

S

SaugaBoss

matthewc said:
Relax a little. I was born in the UK and had a 6-month background check which they didn't even bother starting until everything else was done. Most applications are finalised faster than that start to finish, so it's not just what country you're born in that matters.
i know but its ridiculous :mad: i was born in the US visited pakistan a couple times not for more than a month though :( wish i never went there now i regret it :-\ im like all quitting my job in the US waiting it up in Canada thinkin i have 1 month left and now i realize that its probably going to be longer :mad: :mad: i dont even want to be in Canada i like the US better but my hubby is in Canada geezzzzzz :mad:

mikky78

Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
Interview........
19-08-2010
Yea......it sucks. Are you of caucasian or Pakistani decent? It could be pretty serious going to Pakis for one month, cos no one know what your mission was there. So I guess that link to the middle east will delay your application as they try to find out what your activities were in Pakis. I also worked in Dubai for 2 yrs, and I know it will cause a lengthy background check, but am keeping my fingers crossed and not calling the race game. Its not a racist situation, its about where you've been and what that place is known for.....

S

SaugaBoss

mikky78 said:
Yea......it sucks. Are you of caucasian or Pakistani decent? It could be pretty serious going to Pakis for one month, cos no one know what your mission was there. So I guess that link to the middle east will delay your application as they try to find out what your activities were in Pakis. I also worked in Dubai for 2 yrs, and I know it will cause a lengthy background check, but am keeping my fingers crossed and not calling the race game. Its not a racist situation, its about where you've been and what that place is known for.....
im paki but born in america (parents born in pakistan) i went there for shopping for my wedding i dont thinki stayed for one month probably a couple weeks... but how would they get a background check for pakistan when i had no status there.... i understand what u r saying but seriously i just turned 23 and im a girl! i went to school and college all in the same state for my whole life :( this blowsssssss big time :mad:

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Curious....

I am the one that will be sponsoring my husband. Will they do a background check on me as well? If they do would they go back as far as 19 years ago? I travelled to Italy for 9 days. Just a holiday trip with my highschool. Would they require a check from there or is it strictly the person being sponsored that will have the background check?

Thanks in advance.