App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
Interview........
19-08-2010
No, remember the application is in two parts- application for sponsorship and application for PR. The sponsorship part is processed only in Canada, and involves only you and your details on the form. The second part, application for PR is processed outside Canada and only concerns the person being sponsored, which is your spouse. If you immigrated to Canada, then a background check would have been done before you even got to Canada in the first place. If you were a Citizenship by birth, then under the Charter of Rights, they cannot immigration cannot investigate you, only the RCMP can, but has to be on a serious matter and not for an immigration cause. Hope this helps.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
mikky78 said:
No, remember the application is in two parts- application for sponsorship and application for PR. The sponsorship part is processed only in Canada, and involves only you and your details on the form. The second part, application for PR is processed outside Canada and only concerns the person being sponsored, which is your spouse. If you immigrated to Canada, then a background check would have been done before you even got to Canada in the first place. If you were a Citizenship by birth, then under the Charter of Rights, they cannot immigration cannot investigate you, only the RCMP can, but has to be on a serious matter and not for an immigration cause. Hope this helps.
Ok thank you. This is great to know since I am Canadian with no criminal record I did not think they would need to investigate me. ;D

mikky78

Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
Interview........
19-08-2010
Pakistan is a part of the GME- Greater Middle East. Remember your Pakis history girl.....wait a min, you didn't grow up there did ya?? Are you one of those ignorant Americans who know nothing about the rest of the world, eh? I hope you survive in Canada, eh?

S

SaugaBoss

mikky78 said:
Pakistan is a part of the GME- Greater Middle East. Remember your Pakis history girl.....wait a min, you didn't grow up there did ya?? Are you one of those ignorant Americans who know nothing about the rest of the world, eh? I hope you survive in Canada, eh?
uh wow? i was not trying to be rude i went on the CIC website and pakistan is not listed under the middle east just going by what the website states... and why are u bashing americans??? i was not talking crap on anyone seriously... and yea i didnt grow up there...any issues? i really dont need to have a cyber fight seriously ::)

mikky78

Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
Interview........
19-08-2010
hehehe....JK- just kidding.....Check on Wikipedia, meaning of GME.

S

SaugaBoss

mikky78 said:
hehehe....JK- just kidding.....Check on Wikipedia, meaning of GME.
yea i guess now we are considered but i think pakistan is south asian bc india and pakistan used to be one country n now they r not :s idk but i always said im south asiann.... anyyyyyyy ways u better be jokinggggggg :p :p :p :p :p :p lol

i think i am thinking too much about this bc my cousin got sponsored no additional background check shes born in the US married and went to paki a couple times my husband said im spazzing :D better to think the worst of things ;D ;D so im still assuming its my visits to paki they r questioning...plus no one on this thread got held up for visiting a "threatening" country that i know of... everyone who is being looked into either worked orlived there i did neither i visited for couple weeks

mikky78

Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
Interview........
19-08-2010
Canadian Immigration operates a randon screening process where most applicants go unscrutinized while a few are thoroughly investigated and questioned and their visas delays. The funny thing though is that, those who are public risk to Canada are allowed in undetected, and those who are not find it difficult to come in. I really wonder if those Immigration officers have brains at all.....

S

SaugaBoss

mikky78 said:
Canadian Immigration operates a randon screening process where most applicants go unscrutinized while a few are thoroughly investigated and questioned and their visas delays. The funny thing though is that, those who are public risk to Canada are allowed in undetected, and those who are not find it difficult to come in. I really wonder if those Immigration officers have brains at all.....

ya i know what u mean. but like i go to canada all the time lol for all they know i can go and live there forever theywont ever find me:S not saying i will but stilll

im actually going thisfriday and waiting out the process i called http://www.cvimmigration.com/Contactus.html (if i was a threat y can i go whenever iwant?)

they said not to worry no1 cares if u went to pakistan mississauga is full of them everywhere u look :S he said jus need to seeif relationship is genuine idk im not going to stresssssss (or try)

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
mikky78 said:
Pakistan, officially the Islamic Republic of Pakistan also the Federation of Pakistan is a country in South Asia.

The Greater Middle East is a political term coined by the Bush administration to englobe together various countries, pertaining to the Muslim world, specifically Iran, Turkey, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

This doesn't make Pakistan a middle eastern country.. It is in southern Asia. Get your facts right before bashing on any one else.

S

SaugaBoss

adzees said:
Pakistan, officially the Islamic Republic of Pakistan also the Federation of Pakistan is a country in South Asia.

The Greater Middle East is a political term coined by the Bush administration to englobe together various countries, pertaining to the Muslim world, specifically Iran, Turkey, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

This doesn't make Pakistan a middle eastern country.. It is in southern Asia. Get your facts right before bashing on any one else.
thats what i thought! i have never called myself middle eastern eveR! only south asian or pakistani :S never associated with the middle east

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Yes you are right .. This GME is just a new classification terms use by American Government to put all muslim countries under one umbrella.. Guess what i have read some where on internet that they want to consider Egypt under Middle East too ..

S

SaugaBoss

adzees said:
Yes you are right .. This GME is just a new classification terms use by American Government to put all muslim countries under one umbrella.. Guess what i have read some where on internet that they want to consider Egypt under Middle East too ..
oh ok thats what i thought that people just assume and dont really know, they think if your brown and muslim your middle eastern so im NOT so i am right yaay ;D ;D ;D ;D

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
adzees said:

The Greater Middle East is a political term coined by the Bush administration
IMO ANYTHING coined by the Bush administration should be disregarded LOL :p