Background check updated

Anna.123

Jan 29, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ontario
Hello,
Can anyone help me in identifying at which stage am I ?
After 2 months of submitting my pr application, i noticed my application updated: BACKGROUND check was updated from, we are processing your background check TO we will send you a message when we start your background check.
I already have submitted my biometrics and the medical exam is passed . So the status overall is :
We are reviewing whether you meet the elligibility requirements
You passed medical exam
We do not need additional documents
Biometrics completed
Your application is in progress we will send you a msg when we start you BC

So, can anyone help me and tell me at what stage am I ?
Thank you
Regards

Anna.123

Jan 29, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ontario
Maybe you're eligibility's already passed. Kindly call to confirm.
Thank you for your reply! If I am outside Canada what is the Best way to contact them?
And do you think i will get ppr soon?
Thank youu

Regis_one

Dec 30, 2020
Thank you for your reply! If I am outside Canada what is the Best way to contact them?
And do you think i will get ppr soon?
Thank youu
I hear that people use Textnow or Hushed to call IRCC. There's plenty of threads about that.

TBH, for an outlander, you'll need to wait. IRCC's top priority is inlanders right now. Very good luck!

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hello,
Can anyone help me in identifying at which stage am I ?
After 2 months of submitting my pr application, i noticed my application updated: BACKGROUND check was updated from, we are processing your background check TO we will send you a message when we start your background check.
I already have submitted my biometrics and the medical exam is passed . So the status overall is :
We are reviewing whether you meet the elligibility requirements
You passed medical exam
We do not need additional documents
Biometrics completed
Your application is in progress we will send you a msg when we start you BC

So, can anyone help me and tell me at what stage am I ?
Thank you
Regards
Security check has been initated as Agent would have passed your eligibility. Wait for it to go back to the Original status of We're Processing and that would be done after an Officer review is done.

Anna.123

Jan 29, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ontario
Security check has been initated as Agent would have passed your eligibility. Wait for it to go back to the Original status of We're Processing and that would be done after an Officer review is done.
Thank you! Does that mean i will be hearing from them soon to get PPR ?

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
No, you wont get any phone call. You may get an email that your application is approved or your status will be changed in your CIC account. Looks like you are in IP1, ideally your background status should change to we are processing your...again to indicate that you are in IP2, at this stage you can expect PPR anytime.

Use Textnow app, get a Canadian number and you can call IRCC to get accurate status.

Anna.123

Jan 29, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ontario
No, you wont get any phone call. You may get an email that your application is approved or your status will be changed in your CIC account. Looks like you are in IP1, ideally your background status should change to we are processing your...again to indicate that you are in IP2, at this stage you can expect PPR anytime.

Use Textnow app, get a Canadian number and you can call IRCC to get accurate status.
Thank you so much for your help! Yes i will try to call them

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Nope ! If you're an outlander, most probably the wait is gonna be long. Moreover, entirely depends on how soon the officer review is done that conclusively passes your eligibility. Also depends on the VO's. London Visa office is known to have a very quick turn qround time while Accra is nototirous for the delays. Sydney and Ottawa for now are giving preference to the Inlands. It's just a mix of numerous factors and it's really difficult to predict anything in these times.

Rehman@phd

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
I have submitted my work permit application on 11 May 2021, got bio-metric letter on 12 May 2021. I did bio-metric on 17 may 2021. Medical passed on 1 June 2021. Still background check showing: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

any idea when background check will be done or is it started yet?

RedDragon22

Jul 21, 2022
Did anyone experience this for the Spouse Open Work Permit application? I cannot find any similar experience on TRV, now I ended up here. I am a student and my spouse is for OWP.

NON SDS - Philippines
SP + SOWP + SPMINOR

We reapplied last May 6, 2022
Biometrics - reflected from prev application(got refused last March)
Medical passed May 31, 2022
Reviewing Eligibility - May 31, 2022
Ghost Update for us(Family of 3) - June 15, 2022

Suddenly background check of my SOWP changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check".

After days of contacting the Manila visa office for follow-up, I received a reply and they told me that Qatar PCC of OWP is pending. I didn't receive any Request Letter since Reviewing Eligibility. Also, I already attached his Qatar PCC on his client info application. However, we still replied to their email and explained the situation. It has been almost a month and the background check of my spouse hasn't been updating and our application is at 94 days already.

Any idea how long until PPR? I already requested GCMS from IRCC and CBSA . Requested IRCC last June 14, still not received until now. CBSA will be by August 21

I am very anxious and depressed about our application. Are there any chances that we will still be refused at this stage??? Please help!!! :confused:

Thank you!