+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check status change from completed to in progress

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
So .. I got my GCMS notes on Dec 1st. It clarified a bit, but again confused me. If somebody here could make sense out of it. long story short. I am required to submit FP which is unusual cause originally back in March i passed criminality with FP. The worst part i did not receive any email request to submit fingerprints. I called IRCC today and they seem to have less info than me LOL The agent said that there is no FP request on the file (Da! Of course there isn't. I specifically said that i did not get an email and that is why I am calling). Anyways please check the image below and comment if you see this weird or usual? All replies will be appreciated.

Check out some images of my GCMS notes. Click on the link below

GCMS notes sections capture

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
So .. I got my GCMS notes on Dec 1st. It clarified a bit, but again confused me. If somebody here could make sense out of it. long story short. I am required to submit FP which is unusual cause originally back in March i passed criminality with FP. The worst part i did not receive any email request to submit fingerprints. I called IRCC today and they seem to have less info than me LOL The agent said that there is no FP request on the file (Da! Of course there isn't. I specifically said that i did not get an email and that is why I am calling). Anyways please check the image below and comment if you see this weird or usual? All replies will be appreciated.

Check out some images of my GCMS notes. Click on the link below

GCMS notes sections capture
You meant you passed background check without FP the first time, right? That's odd. Does it say the date when to submit FP?

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
You meant you passed background check without FP the first time, right? That's odd. Does it say the date when to submit FP?
Yes, first time was WITHOUT fingerprints.
Did you click on the link ? In GCMS notes there is no specification to the date to be submitted by. It just say Fingerprints required .

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
my update

1. E-mailed my MP (Cartierville-Ahuntsic, Montreal) yesterday. mentioned that I got no email for fingerprints though my GCMS notes said that "Fingerprints required"
2. Just got an e-mail to submit FP.

Not sure if these events are related, but a little bit of a relief and at least SOME news.

abc012

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
My BG was completed feb 20, 2021. On Feb 20 2022 my ecas went from decision made to in progress and back to decision made the next day. The other status tracker website just got updated without any visible change (bg remained completed along with everything else except ceremony).
Is this the same issue as others I assume?
My status has been decision made since December 18, but no ceremony. So stressful and frustrating! How much longer could it be?

• Sad
Reactions: michel_hammamet

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
My BG was completed feb 20, 2021. On Feb 20 2022 my ecas went from decision made to in progress and back to decision made the next day. The other status tracker website just got updated without any visible change (bg remained completed along with everything else except ceremony).
Is this the same issue as others I assume?
My status has been decision made since December 18, but no ceremony. So stressful and frustrating! How much longer could it be?
Sorry to hear that. Nobody knows unfortunately. I still have not had my status changed back to Completed. You might get fingerprints request soon. Patience is the virtue, WHat can we say...

Reactions: abc012

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
My BG check hasn’t been cleared yet I applied on June 2021 paper application. They sent me a test invite in December 2021 and I passed and it shows complete. However BG check is still in progress. What should I do?

abc012

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
My BG check hasn’t been cleared yet I applied on June 2021 paper application. They sent me a test invite in December 2021 and I passed and it shows complete. However BG check is still in progress. What should I do?
my background check got completed about a month after I did my exam. might be normal I guess.

RSIR

Apr 28, 2022
Hello

My background Verification status changed from Completed to in Progress. Do you have any idea what it means? My Citizenship application was received on 6 January 2021. and IRCC requested my fingerprints on 22 April 2021. and I did my fingerprint in may, and IRCC received my fingerprint results in June.
On 21 June 2021, my Background verification is updated to completed. I
n October- November, IRCC requested for the citizenship test.

On November 10, 2021, I gave a citizenship test. which was unsuccessful.

2nd time I gave a citizenship test was On 13 February 2022.

my Citizenship test was updated to be completed on 18 February 2022.

And when I checked my online Citizenship application status. On 27 April 2022. I saw my background verification change to updated from completed to In progress.

Please, does anyone have any idea what it means?

nufern

Mar 8, 2017
Hello

My background Verification status changed from Completed to in Progress. Do you have any idea what it means? My Citizenship application was received on 6 January 2021. and IRCC requested my fingerprints on 22 April 2021. and I did my fingerprint in may, and IRCC received my fingerprint results in June.
On 21 June 2021, my Background verification is updated to completed. I
n October- November, IRCC requested for the citizenship test.

On November 10, 2021, I gave a citizenship test. which was unsuccessful.

2nd time I gave a citizenship test was On 13 February 2022.

my Citizenship test was updated to be completed on 18 February 2022.

And when I checked my online Citizenship application status. On 27 April 2022. I saw my background verification change to updated from completed to In progress.

Please, does anyone have any idea what it means?
It means the fingerprint that you gave in April 2021 is expired. This is because RCMP report is only valid for a one year. They will probably ask for new fingerprints again. The same thing happened to me couple of months back.

sammy8419

May 9, 2022
Hey folks
I'm Feb 2021 applicant. I did my FP in June 2021 and in July, 2021 first week my BG was updated to complete. I did passed my citizenship test in Feb, 2022 and was hoping to recieve the oath ceremony invite. But interestingly, last week, my BG status got updated to Inprogress. Not sure why it happened or is this a system bug?

I am not able to reach out to IRCC over phone since they are over busy with the traffic and not able to put me to an agent.

Let me know your experience.

Thanks

Raj k

Dec 16, 2016
Jan 2021 Applicant.FP given on May 2021.BG changed to inprogress in April 2022 after test completed.