Interview........
14/12/2016
Passport Req..
16/05/2017
VISA ISSUED...
30/05/2017
LANDED..........
22/06/2017
How long apart are the changes of status for this sequence: COMPLETED—>IP—>COMPLETED ?
Hey. My background check status was changed from completed to in progress on June 20 and the next day, it was updated back to completed. Prohibitions, language and physical presence were all updated to completed also on June 21. Everything is completed since June 21 except oath which is not started. The old ECAS system still shows in process though; probably because my wife still has prohibitions, language and physical presence still in progress.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey. My background check status was changed from completed to in progress on June 20 and the next day, it was updated back to completed. Prohibitions, language and physical presence were all updated to completed also on June 21. Everything is completed since June 21 except oath which is not started. The old ECAS system still shows in process though; probably because my wife still has prohibitions, language and physical presence still in progress.
ECAS should be updated in a day or two to "Decision Made".

Congrats!

Teebanks

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/12/2014
File Transfer...
03/03/2015
Med's Request
26/01/2017
Med's Done....
03/02/2017
Interview........
14/12/2016
Passport Req..
16/05/2017
VISA ISSUED...
30/05/2017
LANDED..........
22/06/2017
ECAS should be updated in a day or two to "Decision Made".

Congrats!
Lol. Thanks. ECAS hasn’t been updated to DM in a month now. Maybe CIC is waiting for my wife’s physical presence, language skills and prohibitions to be completed.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

4ree3

Jul 15, 2021
I just noticed the same thing happened in my account today. Background and prohibition went back in process 3rd aug, others marked completed..

Kamorablack

Jun 15, 2021
something similar happened to me, everything was completed except Citizenship Ceremony and on Monday, Aug 2nd, citizenship Test changed from "Completed" to "In-progress", and then on August 4th the update date changed from Aug 2nd to Aug 4th, but no changes in Test (In-progress). I really hope they dont ask me to write the Test again. This seems like a dead end, never gonna finish, been waiting since September 2019.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
something similar happened to me, everything was completed except Citizenship Ceremony and on Monday, Aug 2nd, citizenship Test changed from "Completed" to "In-progress", and then on August 4th the update date changed from Aug 2nd to Aug 4th, but no changes in Test (In-progress). I really hope they dont ask me to write the Test again. This seems like a dead end, never gonna finish, been waiting since September 2019.
This is probably because of a bug. Many applicants have reported this in the past couple of days and there was at least one applicant who called IRCC and verified that this was indeed a bug (Unable to find that post at this time).

Audrey1984

Sep 16, 2021
Hi guys, I’m new here and I’m also waiting for the invitation to take the oath. I just checked the status of my application and it says “in progress”, everything says completed (since August 17th) wondering how much longer until I get to take the oath? Thanks

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
let me add my wife's name to the list. BG was set to completed on October 21, today we check and it was set back to in progress as of October 26.
This is crazy in my opinion, we need our applications to start moving forward :(

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
let me add my wife's name to the list. BG was set to completed on October 21, today we check and it was set back to in progress as of October 26.
This is crazy in my opinion, we need our applications to start moving forward :(
I had mine changed back to In Progress from Completed hell knows why. Did your wife's status got back to Completed since Oct28th?

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had mine changed back to In Progress from Completed hell knows why. Did your wife's status got back to Completed since Oct28th?
She received a request for fingerprints, so I am assuming you should receive one soon. That was her case, but other applicants mentioned it was changed back to completed with no further request. Good luck.

Reactions: michel_hammamet

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
She received a request for fingerprints, so I am assuming you should receive one soon. That was her case, but other applicants mentioned it was changed back to completed with no further request. Good luck.
I am not required to provide fingerprints. If i was then i would have asked back in March before it got changed to Completed. I guess I should wait till i get my GCMS note on Dec 1st to see what is going on.

Last edited:

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
I am not required to provide fingerprints. If i was then i would have asked back in March before it got changed to Completed. I guess I should wait till i get my GCMS note on Dec 1st to see what is going on.
I did read that BG is expired in one year no matter you were asked for FP or not. If you were asked for FP before a year, then you will be asked again for a new FP. I did my 2nd FP three weeks ago.

RS999

Aug 14, 2017
Hi all, new to here. My application status update date was change to recent date but no changes in any of the actual status. Still BC and exam completed, all others are in progress. Any idea what's going on?