+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check started?

Nish_j

Sep 9, 2017
Hi there ,
My current status is

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents Not applicable.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Does this mean I'm at the final stage which is the Background check?
How long will this take before I get an email requesting passport? Have I passed eligibility?

What does background check consist of?

Any help would be appreciated.

SureshMatthew

Mar 5, 2018
Prior to February 27, 2018, this status was technically called 'The IP2', and people were getting a Passport Request e-mail and/or RPRF payment request within 24 hours to 7 days. Now it seems like after Feb 27, IRCC Canada has changed updated their system to make the processing more transparent (as per their tweet in their official twitter account). My two cents after reading their update is that, this IP2 now means that the background check by a VO has just started or about to start, and could take at least a month in the best case scenario to receive a Passport request e-mail and/or RPRF payment request. Note, this is just my view from hearing that a lot of people moved to your status (IP2) after Feb 27.

somefancyid

Mar 10, 2018
Prior to February 27, 2018, this status was technically called 'The IP2', and people were getting a Passport Request e-mail and/or RPRF payment request within 24 hours to 7 days. Now it seems like after Feb 27, IRCC Canada has changed updated their system to make the processing more transparent (as per their tweet in their official twitter account). My two cents after reading their update is that, this IP2 now means that the background check by a VO has just started or about to start, and could take at least a month in the best case scenario to receive a Passport request e-mail and/or RPRF payment request. Note, this is just my view from hearing that a lot of people moved to your status (IP2) after Feb 27.
Thanks for the information. I just linked my account a few days ago so have no ideas what it looks like before Feb 27 LOL But would this be the last stage (before PPR)? Thanks!

SureshMatthew

Mar 5, 2018
Thanks for the information. I just linked my account a few days ago so have no ideas what it looks like before Feb 27 LOL But would this be the last stage (before PPR)? Thanks!
It used to be the last stage but looks like that trend has changed now, unfortunately. Now no one knows what CIC is up to, but this is said to be more transparent, so I believe the IP2 will now mean we have to wait for either shorter time or longer time (based on the case and once inference of the duration) before receiving the PPR.

Reactions: Takumi

somefancyid

Mar 10, 2018
It used to be the last stage but looks like that trend has changed now, unfortunately. Now no one knows what CIC is up to, but this is said to be more transparent, so I believe the IP2 will now mean we have to wait for either shorter time or longer time (based on the case and once inference of the duration) before receiving the PPR.
Many thanks! I guess now all I can do is wait :(

Jan 14, 2018
All the best man . I understand the eagerness , because you are almost done , but for me some simple report makes me think a lot of times . Good luck . All the best to your visa .

lileka

Sep 20, 2017
So you are saying the waiting time on IP2 has increased after Feb 27th?

RMBaloch

Mar 15, 2018
Application Submitted - 19/12/2017
AOR - 20/12/2017
Medical Passed - 12/01/2018
Processing your background check - 27/02/2018

Current status:

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

*** Please keep updated if anything changes for anyone. thank you!

Nov 24, 2018
Hi there ,
My current status is

How long will this take before I get an email requesting passport? Have I passed eligibility?

Same as mine but interview done they says we are processing your background check. Do you have any idea what will be next and how long it will take for background check

Jj2196

Jan 24, 2019
Hi there ,
My current status is

Hi there ,
My current status is

Jj2196

Jan 24, 2019
Hi there ,
My current status is

Bro did you receive your passport request or not?
Hi there ,
My current status is

Bro did you receive your passport request?