+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check started before Review of Eligibility

kode336

Aug 14, 2020
Hi everyone,
I'm an applicant from Qatar.
couple of days ago I noticed that my background check section is:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
while my Review of Eligibility is:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Is it normal for the background check to start before Review of Eligibility ?!
I'm confused ?!

Guler

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
The same is about me. Applied yesterday and today when checked saw background is in process.

Last edited:

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
Don't worry about it. They do what they do and none of us understands the internal details. I was a visa officer and even I don't understand the process.
Hi Brother,

Kindly check your private messages, I've pinged you with my concern, would highly appreciated your advice on it.

Regards.

simpleanswer

Aug 12, 2020
Hi everyone,
I'm an applicant from Qatar.
couple of days ago I noticed that my background check section is:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
while my Review of Eligibility is:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Is it normal for the background check to start before Review of Eligibility ?!
I'm confused ?!
What was the background check status before that?

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020

This is the default message since the day of your application submission. Maybe you observed it now.

simpleanswer

Aug 12, 2020

This is the default message since the day of your application submission. Maybe you observed it now.
You are right, even I thought for a moment that how could I miss this update?

kode336

Aug 14, 2020

I think that in the beginning it was "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. " .... Don't quite remember but even online it mentions that in the background check the first phase is the one i just wrote, and then the second stage is "We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information" which is the message i have now .... I don't know I'm so confused honestly.

simpleanswer

Aug 12, 2020
I think that in the beginning it was "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. " .... Don't quite remember but even online it mentions that in the background check the first phase is the one i just wrote, and then the second stage is "We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information" which is the message i have now .... I don't know I'm so confused honestly.
Was your status ever changed from submitted to updated?