+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check on Canada PR applicants.

Dan247

Jun 10, 2022
Please I need answers, I am about to apply for a Canadian PR but have the following concerns.

1, I left the US after an overstay (I am going to disclose this as it will be obvious in my travel history)
2, I got married while in the US to an American citizen but the marriage hasn‘t been dissolved yet because I cant locate her to sign the divorce papers.

I don‘t want to mention my marriage in my application for Canada PR. I would like to know the kinds of information Canada shares with the US and to what extent does a background check go?
I do not have a criminal history at all my only issue is the marriage in the US.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Please I need answers, I am about to apply for a Canadian PR but have the following concerns.

1, I left the US after an overstay (I am going to disclose this as it will be obvious in my travel history)
2, I got married while in the US to an American citizen but the marriage hasn‘t been dissolved yet because I cant locate her to sign the divorce papers.

I don‘t want to mention my marriage in my application for Canada PR. I would like to know the kinds of information Canada shares with the US and to what extent does a background check go?
I do not have a criminal history at all my only issue is the marriage in the US.
You’re basically asking for help on how to lie aka misrepresent information on your application.
No one will help you with that .
And just a shot in the dark, you realize by leaving out information on your application can lead to you receiving a PFL and a five year ban , correct ?
Definitely not the wisest move

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

I don‘t want to mention my marriage in my application for Canada PR.
Lying is misrepresentation and has very serious repercussions if caught, including lengthy bans / inadmissibility. Bad idea.

Dan247

Jun 10, 2022
I really do not want to withhold information. Thats why I am here for suggestions on how to represent this development in my application.

I would like to know the best way to proceed or not to proceed. Thanks.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018

First of all, this is the citizenship forum. You should be posting to the immigration forum for the immigration program you plan to apply for:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/#immigration-to-canada.9

Regarding your marriage, you need to disclose your marital status, so you will need to select Married until your divorce is final, at which time you would need to update IRCC and submit a copy of your divorce decree. As others have noted, do not misrepresent anything on your application (including by omission), or you will be subject to delays and eventually a 5 year ban from entering Canada.

But why do you want to hide your marriage? Your marital status does not matter. Including your spouse on an Express Entry application will lower your CRS if your spouse does not submit any document (language test scores and ECA), but if you select that your spouse is not accompanying you to Canada, you will be scored exactly the same as a single applicant.