+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check completed but no notification

A.O.

Jan 12, 2024
Hi everyone! I checked my PR application status in the status tracker. I was very happy to see all steps were finally completed. The last step "background check" was completed in December 18 2023.

We are now in January, 12 2024 (so more than 3 weeks have passed) but unfortunately I haven't received any oficial notification from IRCC regarding the PR completion.

Does anyone know how long it generally takes? I thought it would be around 2 weeks. Is there anything I should do if no official communication is sent?

Thanks for the help!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi everyone! I checked my PR application status in the status tracker. I was very happy to see all steps were finally completed. The last step "background check" was completed in December 18 2023.

We are now in January, 12 2024 (so more than 3 weeks have passed) but unfortunately I haven't received any oficial notification from IRCC regarding the PR completion.

Does anyone know how long it generally takes? I thought it would be around 2 weeks. Is there anything I should do if no official communication is sent?

Thanks for the help!
There's an entire thread on "all completed, no PPR", consider going through it to find the answers:https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-completed-no-ppr-yet.793150/page-29

Search for more such similar threads.

kaynil

Jan 29, 2024
I am in the same situation. All completed but no Email or COPR visible. since the 18th of December, 2023.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I want to know, is approval certain at this stage?lol
No one is a mind reader, hard for me to answer anything as you never asked that question before. Go through the thread and you'll know whether your approval is certain or not. There's a ton of info in this forum that can help you answer your question.

Reactions: kaynil

A.O.

Jan 12, 2024
Just updating my last comment, after a month my notification finally arrived.
I heard this wait might be due to an annual immigration limit. Once it is reached the left over applicants need to wait until January or February.
So I hope that everyone who got their background checks ready until December hear very soon from IRCC .

Reactions: kaynil

kaynil

Jan 29, 2024
Just updating my last comment, after a month my notification finally arrived.
I heard this wait might be due to an annual immigration limit. Once it is reached the left over applicants need to wait until January or February.
So I hope that everyone who got their background checks ready until December hear very soon from IRCC .
when did you get this email from IRCC