+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check changed from "In Progress" to "Not Needed" for second time!

Big_Yute

Mar 21, 2015
My background changed from "not needed" to "in progress" last night. This evening it changed to "not needed" again. Has this happened to anyone else before? Is it a good or bad sign?

blikpils

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
27-07-2016
Depends on how long it was in not needed the first time, usually it means that your Pasport request is coming soon.

Big_Yute

Mar 21, 2015
I received my AOR on March 26th, BG changed to "not needed" on April 8. Received additional document request that was submitted yesterday. BG went "in progress" a few hours after submitting additional document; however, when i logged on to CIC website this evening, BG status is not "not needed". Praying that this is a positive sign.

blikpils said:
Depends on how long it was in not needed the first time, usually it means that your Pasport request is coming soon.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Big_Yute said:
My background changed from "not needed" to "in progress" last night. This evening it changed to "not needed" again. Has this happened to anyone else before? Is it a good or bad sign?
It happens to most of the PNP applicants.

blikpils

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
27-07-2016
Big_Yute said:
I received my AOR on March 26th, BG changed to "not needed" on April 8. Received additional document request that was submitted yesterday. BG went "in progress" a few hours after submitting additional document; however, when i logged on to CIC website this evening, BG status is not "not needed". Praying that this is a positive sign.
Looks good to me, my best best is that the pasport request might be around the corner.

chevalcriostoir

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Something similar is happening to me at the moment.

My AOR was the 29th February.
My background check has gone in In progress twice and back to not needed twice.
That being said, the first instance was in March at the very beginning.
The second time was today, it returned to Not needed for the third time after being In progress for roughly a month.

IRCC told me that my application was queued for final decision- but that this part hadn't yet been started.
So seeing that background check go back to Not needed for the third time, has me a little depressed. :(

Naaz kaur

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
chevalcriostoir said:
Something similar is happening to me at the moment.

My AOR was the 29th February.
My background check has gone in In progress twice and back to not needed twice.
That being said, the first instance was in March at the very beginning.
The second time was today, it returned to Not needed for the third time after being In progress for roughly a month.

IRCC told me that my application was queued for final decision- but that this part hadn't yet been started.
So seeing that background check go back to Not needed for the third time, has me a little depressed. :(

when did u contact IRCC. they told me same thing on 17th november 2016 that everything is done. the final decision is pending. bg check says not needed.

columbian

Mar 5, 2016
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
21xx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-aug-2016
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
18-aug-2016
Med's Done....
2-sep
Passport Req..
....waiting....
Hi guys,

should BG go to "in progress" for second time.
mine has been two months since it changed from "in progress" to "not needed".
But no update since then.

Please advise...

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
provhal said:
No I haven't got my PPR yet. :,(

What do you mean what does my CIC say?..... do you mean my myCIC account?
Yes

provhal

Apr 1, 2016
kryt0n said:
It says what it has said for months…
File is Open, Medical was passed months ago, Documents are all received, Final Decision Not Started

The only change of late was...
Background Check went from In progress to Not needed (and that's the second occasion it's done that)
It was I progress for a while, then Not needed all through summer, it went in Progress in October, then last week returned to Not needed.