+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check and site clearance for Bruce Power

Susamay

Jan 8, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is keeping safe.
I got a job confirmation from Bruce Power and the next part of the background check process involves comprehensive check from CSIS. My application is in process.
Any idea anyone how long does this take to complete?

Or is there any way to check the status ?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Are you currently working for Bruce Power?

How do you know that CSIS is doing the background check?

Did you apply for a job in Canada, do interviews, and then get a job offer?

Honestly sounds like you may be part of a scam, especially since you said you already had PR with your wife?

Susamay

Jan 8, 2019
No I am not working for Bruce Power.I landed as a PR in Canada back in 2019 and have worked in Canada till April 2020 before my contract got ended. I then got the offer from Bruce. But as a part of onboarding process it involves Security clearance where I heard CSIS performs the background check. Thats where my query is.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No I am not working for Bruce Power.I landed as a PR in Canada back in 2019 and have worked in Canada till April 2020 before my contract got ended. I then got the offer from Bruce. But as a part of onboarding process it involves Security clearance where I heard CSIS performs the background check. Thats where my query is.
Tough to say given the pandemic.

Udgurl

Aug 17, 2020
Hi, did you wind up getting a reply from CSIS and how long did it take?thanks

Rahul2101

Feb 2, 2024
I am having same issue. Waiting for last 5 months for clearance. Anybody knows how to get the update from CSIS?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I am having same issue. Waiting for last 5 months for clearance. Anybody knows how to get the update from CSIS?
You don’t request an update from CSIS. They’ll update you when they are done.

When I worked at the airport, I’d have CSIS/FBI checks done every five years since I did not have to go thru security when entering the secure areas of the airport. Most were done fast since I’ve never lived or traveled extensively outside the country. However coworkers that travelled extensively, sometimes had to wait WAY longer. Like longer . One just waits