+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check “Not Applicable”

Tt.Tulio

May 9, 2023
What number did you call, i wanna make a call too, thx
1 (888) 242-2100
I've been trying to talk to an actual person for weeks, but I only got through when I called at 8:00 am. Good luck! Let us know how it goes

Reactions: cwz

flyfirefreedom

Star Member
Feb 23, 2023
I called immigration this morning to ask about the change in the background check status. The lady said that a lot of people had the same change on their Gckey account, but that it was a system glitch/update that made the change, and that it doesn’t mean anything (I know, my day was ruined, too). She checked out my application and said that the bgc is still in progress. No timeline to make a decision.
oh.......thanx for the info

Reactions: Tt.Tulio

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Status also showing same after 18 April 2023 still now same please any update tell me
Did you or did you not get ghost update after April 18?

For most people it’s just a ghost update in the pr tracker.. applicants got different dates of ghost update. But for some they did get a real update. Like one person here said his tracker updated yesterday but dated April 28, which his medical got completed.

My ghost update yesterday is dated May 9. Some people dated May 2.

Last edited:

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you or did you not get ghost update after April 18?
I didn't get any update just showing Background check not applicable please help me
No one can really explain it to you the background check changed to “not applicable” in gckey. Or it is just a glitch. But the thing is not everyone’s background check turned into not applicable so it’s very hard to say. It may mean something or not.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Good news is canada government public servants return to work!
or perhaps its the computer software thats programmed to check certain specific steps or perform tasks - that is making it quicker. Otherwise, ppl who are on this site forum for over 5 years, know that bigmac eating CIC workers in Vegreville, Sydney...and God knows which other northern forbidden lands in Canada - they used to sit on applications for years.

cwz

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
1 (888) 242-2100
I've been trying to talk to an actual person for weeks, but I only got through when I called at 8:00 am. Good luck! Let us know how it goes
I Called , they Can't give more info than pr tracker as application is processing in Singapore vo.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I Called , they Can't give more info than pr tracker as application is processing in Singapore vo.
They can give you some information from your gcms assessments. It depends on the call centre agent you talk to.

gul miraj

Jun 13, 2023
hi guys, i applied for pr under family class spousal sponsorship, my background check shows in progress since 40 days although i have recieved the Quebec selection certificate. i posted my application last september and still have no idea. both on gc key and pr portal it is showing in progress. what to do and what to expect, also is there a way to contact the ircc regarding my application?

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys, i applied for pr under family class spousal sponsorship, my background check shows in progress since 40 days although i have recieved the Quebec selection certificate. i posted my application last september and still have no idea. both on gc key and pr portal it is showing in progress. what to do and what to expect, also is there a way to contact the ircc regarding my application?
What does usually happens in your research with other qpplicants after getting that Quebec selection cerificate?

gul miraj

Jun 13, 2023
according to my research, quebec selection certificate have an imp role in the final verdict. if u got the selection certificate, u should probably get through background verification and eligibility check. and i just realized it has been 3 months since my selection certificate