+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Back to University after PR?

simranbharti

Aug 16, 2015
Hi guys,
I'm going back to university after my PR status. does anyone know the process behind it? Will I have to pay the international fees or local student's fees?
Cannot find answers to this anywhere on the web.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi guys,
I'm going back to university after my PR status. does anyone know the process behind it? Will I have to pay the international fees or local student's fees?
I suspect it depends on the school. Call their admissions office to find out. When I spoke with Ryerson earlier this year, they advised that after 1 year of being a PR, you get to pay local student fees, but I suspect this rule varies depending on the school...

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Hi guys,
If you got admission as International Student, they you have to pay the same. You can ask for revise of your admission, but it entirely depends on the school.

simranbharti

Aug 16, 2015
I suspect it depends on the school. Call their admissions office to find out. When I spoke with Ryerson earlier this year, they advised that after 1 year of being a PR, you get to pay local student fees, but I suspect this rule varies depending on the school...
Thanks
I'm applying for Ryerson as well. I haven't yet applied. So they said wait a year after the PR Status to be treated as a local student? that's weird

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
I'm also thinking of doing Masters after PR but damn 1 year wait!!!!! I didn't know that, guess I'll check other universities

Zain Rajput

Jun 29, 2017
So we can opt for full time study after getting pr? There are no restrictions as pr is on basis of federal skilled worker basis?