January 2010 AGAIN IN Feb 2011
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
18th March 2011
Hi

Please write down how long has been since you did your re-medical and your file has been in que for back ground checks... apparently thats the new problem with Pakistan these days.. they are taking up to 1 yr just to do the background checks.. whats the point of giving the time frame of 14 months.

I have applied for my husband's immigration. He has lived in only one country, and never served in army or any government agency.

My file is in background check for 1 month... still waiting... please write your timelines...

Total time since file forwarded to Islamabad = 1 yr

Last thing requested by embassy... remedical and re submission of police certificate

lostsoul27

Star Member
Apr 20, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
AOR Received.
May 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Request
January 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
18th March 2011
Seems like i am the only one waiting for the background checks...

Has anyone done the medical 3 times...???? because i am thinking it has already been a year... they asked my husband to do re-medical, submitt another police certificate... and now if its going to take another yr... as i am reading on several threads here... that means by that time the medical is going to expire, and they will ask to get that done the 3rd time, and submitt another police certificate... damn... i am becoming more and more pessimist with each day passing.

B

boyee6576

I am dealing with New Delhi so I really cant comment on the time frame but I do understand your frustration. Hang in there pay day is comeing :)

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lostsoul27, we're still waiting for the results of background checks. My husband's file has been in background checks for 15 months now. In total we've been waiting for almost 2 years since we have started this entire process. I know how you feel :'(.

mahmed17

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
March 17th 2011- re PCC/imm forms
AOR Received.
September 12th 2009
Med's Done....
April 12th 2011
Passport Req..
June 3rd 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 29th 2011
LANDED..........
July 8th 2011 THANK U ALLAH
Islamabad started processing my husbands file September 2009 and until now I haven't heard anything his medical is due to expire on the 20th of this month so hope is looking very slim it seems like he will need to do remedical...and I don't know if the file is in background check or if it has been done my MP hasn't really helped out in any way so i can't say but Islamabad is taking a long time thesedays it's pretty sad most people are looking at 12-14 months if you're sponsoring your husband :(

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From my experience, the MP does absolultely nothing. The MP does nothing more that what you can already do by just simply writing an enquiry to the visa office that your case is being processed in. I went to my MP back in October 2009 and still nothing. I stopped calling my MP and am just trying to get information myself.

muhammad 2528

May 1, 2010
MY husband had re-medical done in April and Pcc was also mailed in April,still waiting for reply
last email for chc was that application is in process in the month of May.

No other reply is it back ground checks?

Isb sarted processing on the application in Feb 2009.
It had been more then 14 Months.

Any Idea what are they doing and how long will they take it to finalized.

lostsoul27

Star Member
Apr 20, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
AOR Received.
May 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Request
January 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
18th March 2011
on the 10th of June it'll be one full yr for my case to be forwarded to Islamabad. I don't think it takes 14 months anymore.. they should atleast give a time line.. i feel like i am in some sort of a prison... this is such a hopeless situation.. Sad Girl!! has your husband lived in more than 1 country and has he ever served in military or intelligence. 2 yrs is hell lot of time..My husband has lived in the same city, same country for all his life.. same area even.. with no background of government at all.. As per the threads that i've read so far people who have lived in more than 1 country... its taking longer time....

I recieved an e-mail from the embassy a couple of days ago that they are trying their best to process the case a.s.a.p for everyone, but they have to scan the file several times and involve external agencies due to which they have no control over the time period.

I wonder if someone has recieved a Visa in the month of May Or June.

MP is no help except the inquiries. sometimes embassy doesn't reply to your e-mail, but they give more info to the MP office than they normally do to the client himself.. thats my personal experience...

I hope all of us get through this time... its frustrating... its heart breaking... its painful...

mahmed17

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
March 17th 2011- re PCC/imm forms
AOR Received.
September 12th 2009
Med's Done....
April 12th 2011
Passport Req..
June 3rd 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 29th 2011
LANDED..........
July 8th 2011 THANK U ALLAH
lostsoul27 said:
on the 10th of June it'll be one full yr for my case to be forwarded to Islamabad. I don't think it takes 14 months anymore.. they should atleast give a time line.. i feel like i am in some sort of a prison... this is such a hopeless situation.. Sad Girl!! has your husband lived in more than 1 country and has he ever served in military or intelligence. 2 yrs is hell lot of time..My husband has lived in the same city, same country for all his life.. same area even.. with no background of government at all.. As per the threads that i've read so far people who have lived in more than 1 country... its taking longer time....

I recieved an e-mail from the embassy a couple of days ago that they are trying their best to process the case a.s.a.p for everyone, but they have to scan the file several times and involve external agencies due to which they have no control over the time period.

I wonder if someone has recieved a Visa in the month of May Or June.

MP is no help except the inquiries. sometimes embassy doesn't reply to your e-mail, but they give more info to the MP office than they normally do to the client himself.. thats my personal experience...

I hope all of us get through this time... its frustrating... its heart breaking... its painful...
Yeah except my MP wasn't able to tell me anything just "your file is in process" which I can already read on ecas so I didn't need him to tell me that. Anyways though someone did get a PPR just yesterday for his wife along with remedical papers and their file started in Islamabad end of July 2009.

You are right it is such a hard time to go through this and wait for such a long time to be united with your loved one. I hope we will all be reunited soon inshallah

lostsoul27

Star Member
Apr 20, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
AOR Received.
May 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Request
January 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
18th March 2011
Any news from those waiting for PPR after submission of Re-Medical as well as police certificate. I am into my 5th month after re-medical an 3rd After submitting police certificate. ???