Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Guys.

Just to share with you all that i have returned to UAE 2 days ago after my visit to Canada to complete landing formalities.

All went well including flight (Emirates airline from Dubai), immigration process at Toronto and than SIN formality. Process was smooth and easy going with good attitudes every where. Only thing that caused bit of trouble was Banking in Canada which seemed slower but highly risk averse. Non awareness to this fact caused delayed clearance of DD i.e. 21 working days were required to credit.....surprising.

Gud luk to all in process
high regards for all support and guidance
asyousuf

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-10-2010 to LA(in-process 19-04-2011)Rejection letter on 7 June2011
hi asyousuf, Congratulations for completing the formalities :) when r u planning to return to Canada?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
asyousuf said:
Guys.

Just to share with you all that i have returned to UAE 2 days ago after my visit to Canada to complete landing formalities.

All went well including flight (Emirates airline from Dubai), immigration process at Toronto and than SIN formality. Process was smooth and easy going with good attitudes every where. Only thing that caused bit of trouble was Banking in Canada which seemed slower but highly risk averse. Non awareness to this fact caused delayed clearance of DD i.e. 21 working days were required to credit.....surprising.

asyousuf
Hi - congrats on completing your landing process.

Can I please ask, were you asked to show proof of funds upon landing? I hear they don't always ask.

Wayne.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asyousuf said:
Guys.

asyousuf
Thats why I am always against carrying this DD thing. This thing causes unnecessary delays. If you had carried cash things would have been lot easier for you.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Hi - congrats on completing your landing process.

Can I please ask, were you asked to show proof of funds upon landing? I hear they don't always ask.

Wayne.
Thats true Wayne they don't normally ask or even if they ask they are not bothered counting your cash.

ap_123

Star Member
Apr 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 June 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
01 August 2012
File Transfer...
14 August 2012
Med's Done....
30 March 2012
Passport Req..
11 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process 08 October 2012.....address change 30 Nov. 2012
LANDED..........
Landed Jan 25th 2013
Hi there, thanks for sharing ur landing exp. Can you tell us how long were u in Canada for ?? And did you get ur pr card ? If yes, how long did it take pls ??

Thanks,

ap

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats ASYOUSUF on making your landing and all the best for your final move back as you planned... Yes it is a bit bizarre that crediting DD takes 3 wks....what would be the faster alternative then apart from cash ... TC? ...

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
fariza said:
Congrats ASYOUSUF on making your landing and all the best for your final move back as you planned... Yes it is a bit bizarre that crediting DD takes 3 wks....what would be the faster alternative then apart from cash ... TC? ...
Thanks guys.
U r right that carrying cash / TC could be a better alternate than carrying drafts but creating history with Banks is necessary in my view in countries like USA and Canada.

It is true that no body bothered to verify the draft but simply asked how much money / value of draft i am carrying. No physical verification demanded.

Further for PR query, i was told to wait for 6 weeks for PR cards this means i should expect to receive the same not before mid of May 2011. I spent only two weeks in Canada and has shared my friends' address where all will be delivered. Did same for SIN card that i received in one week time only.

Regarding my intentions for permanent move to Canada, i am not sure right now as job prospects for professionals are still tough. But definitely will prepare myself to migrate permanently in next two years or so inshallah
Regards
asyousuf