+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bachground Decleration Schedule 1 Item 9

sap2009

Apr 26, 2009
Dear Members:

I had few questions:

I had applied my Fed. Skilled worker Permanent residence application to Canada but got refused couple of years back due to inadequate work experience.

Now I have gained more than 3 years & I have H1B visa in US & my visa is expiring in 7 months but it will be renewed for 2 more yrs. Also my passport is expiring after 10 months. So is it a good idea to apply again for Permanent resident to Canada now so as to keep the application processing going & update to the officier as my visa & passport are renewed or should I wait for renewing all the passport & visa?? But this will delay the process.

One last question is that since I was refused once for the Fed skilled PR application.

In the application for "BACKGROUND/ DECLARATION", Item 9 which says

“Have you or if you are the principle applicant, any of the family member listed in the application in the permanent residence in Canada, ever:

“Been refused refugee status in, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa to, Canada or any other country or have been refused certificate de selection du” YES or NO is this applicable snce I was refused for the application??

Please let me know.

I will really appreciate your time and help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sap2009 said:
Dear Members:

I had few questions:

I had applied my Fed. Skilled worker Permanent residence application to Canada but got refused couple of years back due to inadequate work experience.

Now I have gained more than 3 years & I have H1B visa in US & my visa is expiring in 7 months but it will be renewed for 2 more yrs. Also my passport is expiring after 10 months. So is it a good idea to apply again for Permanent resident to Canada now so as to keep the application processing going & update to the officier as my visa & passport are renewed or should I wait for renewing all the passport & visa?? But this will delay the process.

One last question is that since I was refused once for the Fed skilled PR application.

“Have you or if you are the principle applicant, any of the family member listed in the application in the permanent residence in Canada, ever:

“Been refused refugee status in, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa to, Canada or any other country or have been refused certificate de selection du” YES or NO is this applicable snce I was refused for the application??

Please let me know.

You were refused, so the answer is Yes. Do you qualify under Skilled worker now? You must have at least 1 years experience in an occupation on the "list of 38" http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2008/2008-11-28a.asp or have worked for a year in Canada or have an Approved Employment option from a Canadian employer, if not you don't qualify. As you are on an H1B you might want to check out Alberta's H1B project. http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

PMM

Hopeful Canadian

Star Member
Jul 11, 2008
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2010 RCVD: 13-04-2010
Doc's Request.
26-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
20-07-2011 L8.5, R6.5, W7.5, S7.0
Med's Request
05-06-2015
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Dear sap2009

Your Inbox is full so could not send you a PM. So I have to send you this reply via your Last message.

Dear Mr. Hopeful canadian

I had few questions:

Please let me know.

Regards.

Phil

Reply:
1. You were refused for a FSW Immigrant Visa. That does means that you can reapply at any time if you have evidence that your cicumstances have changed. So in my opinion YES you can reapply and I think you have more than adequately required work expirence.
2. You should consider AINP-PNP, H1 category along with Parallal to the FSW application.
3. You should go for your passport renewal first if the rules of your country allow. My country's rules allow me to apply for a Valid PAssport 6 months in advance even if my passport has not expired. so in my Opinion you should have a RENEWED passport when you aply for your new H1 Visa in about 7 month's time.
4. This process should be concurent with your application to the CIC for Immigration whether FSW, AINP or both. Later you can chose one of them before your medicals possibly (seniors can clerify/correct me on this matter).
5. If asked - DO NOT LIE or DO NOT MISREPRESENT your facts. This would KILL YOUR CASE.
If you are asked the Question you have quoted - reply with a yes and Quote your aplication Number and other details. this is my most sincere advice to you. Whatever result this may have on your new application, DO NOT LIE.

I hope this would help you. I would try to share more if you need and I know anything to help you.

Always Hopeful

Hopeful Canadian

chsurti

Star Member
Apr 15, 2009
Seniors..your quick feedback will be appreciate...I got my student visa denied by US embassay Mumbai,due to improper paper work and then later on as I corrected my paper work they issue my visa..so in back ground declaration form,do I need to mention it? and if I mention yes then will it make any impact on my canada PR application decision?/

sap2009

Apr 26, 2009
Dear members/Hopeful Canadian:

Thanks for your reply just one more clarification refering to your reply # 1 as I am still novice to all this:

"You were refused for a FSW Immigrant Visa" - I was under the impression that the "FSW PR/Immigrant application" is different from the "Immigrant VISA" since we apply for "VISA" once the "FSW PR APLLICATION" is approved. Plse need your clarification.

One more clarification is my work experience has few years of research experience which is not relevant to what I am currently doing; moreover I dont have the work ex letter so what should be the best way to explain in this situation? If I skip this amount or peroid of time that I spent doing Research I have to explain what was I doing during this time which is much more difficult. Also should the NOC be different for this type of work experience?

You feedback will be really appreciated and thanks in advance.