+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby in Canada on TRP - now what is the next step to get PR?

ryt2parag

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
India Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-12-2013
Med's Done....
11-01-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10th June (on my BD)
LANDED..........
Completed Short Landing in Nov 2014
Dimahq said:
Well Guys.....We went the whole process of sponsoring our baby, and to be honest with you we were freaking out ...we landed in 2012 then went back for my home country to have my baby there upon my Dr advice since i had some medical complications. later on we applied for a TRP for her and we all moved back to Canada in 2013..immidiately i contacted CIC and asked them what type of application to use and they send it to me with all the needed details. It was a straight forward application "Sponsoring a spouse or dependant child from outside canada" even though the baby was inside..this is what they advised me..I send all the documents with the appliation on Sep 13th,2013, got aan apporoval for me to be her sponser on Sep 27th, 2013, then on March10th, 2014 recieved a letter from them requesting a proof of funds (bank statments) and on March 21st they emailed me asking for her passport for stamping the landing visa :) I sent the passport on the same day and recieved in on March 27th, 2014 :)) no complications or anything!! it was not as I thought !!!if you apply everything in the checklist they provide you then it is a simple process for a baby :) total time 6 months only!!! ;D

Hi Friend,

Great to read some very straight forward and positive post on the situation I am ( just like you).

My Case:

Me and my wife both are PR holders and did short landing in dec 2014 and came back to India.
We had a child 10 months back and now we all 3 plan to move to Canada on permanent basis.

I understand that you applied for TRP . Did you submit some documents to justify why TRP should be given to your child and made any commitment to sponsor child as soon as you land in Canada with complete family?

In my case I dont have any solid reasoning to justify my short landing.

So please suggest should i apply just like you and pray to get TRP if not TRV and then sponsor child.
Also you mentioned that you applied under "family sponsorship" . How much is application cost and which office you submitted application.

Awaiting your timely reply

Byb2014

Jul 5, 2016
Just want to share how I got the TRP for my daughter. We applied initially for TRV since there was no option for TRP in the menu. 2 weeks later we got a letter from CIC telling us of the favorable outcome of the review and that it will be processed for TRP instead of TRV. We were instructed to visit the authorized agent to pay for the TRP fee and to bring the letter with us. There is also an online payment option. After a month of waiting, we got the TRP stamped on my daughter's PP.

hellgate

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
15-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi guys,

Me, my wife and my daughter has th PR card but my son doesn't have the card since he has born outside of the Canada. However, he has TRP at the moment. We are going to land to Canada but first i will land and try to find a job and rent a good flat then my wife and 2 kids will come when i guess approx. 3-4 months later. I have some questions. I appreciate if somebody can answer.

1 since my baby has TRP, is he allowed to enter Canada whenever he wants unless the visa is not expired? In my case 3 4 months later.

2 I do not want to loose time and I would like to apply PR card for my baby as soon as possible from Canada. Is there any problem for my baby to come to Canada with his TRP after I apply PR card for him. In this case, I think I will have to apply for outland sponsorship since he will be outside of Canada but after applying he will land with his mother to Canada. Do u think it creates any problem?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys,

Me, my wife and my daughter has th PR card but my son doesn't have the card since he has born outside of the Canada. However, he has TRP at the moment. We are going to land to Canada but first i will land and try to find a job and rent a good flat then my wife and 2 kids will come when i guess approx. 3-4 months later. I have some questions. I appreciate if somebody can answer.

1 since my baby has TRP, is he allowed to enter Canada whenever he wants unless the visa is not expired? In my case 3 4 months later.

2 I do not want to loose time and I would like to apply PR card for my baby as soon as possible from Canada. Is there any problem for my baby to come to Canada with his TRP after I apply PR card for him. In this case, I think I will have to apply for outland sponsorship since he will be outside of Canada but after applying he will land with his mother to Canada. Do u think it creates any problem?
Hi

1. The child can come after you.

2. You can sponsor the child and he can come to Canada while the app is processing.

hellgate

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
15-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi

1. The child can come after you.

2. You can sponsor the child and he can come to Canada while the app is processing.
Thanks for reply. Related with 2nd question, should i apply as inland or outland? As i mentioned, he will come 3 4 months later when is after i applied the family class sponsorship.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for reply. Related with 2nd question, should i apply as inland or outland? As i mentioned, he will come 3 4 months later when is after i applied the family class sponsorship.
Outland is the only option to sponsor a dependent child.

hellgate

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
15-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Outland is the only option to sponsor a dependent child.
Thanks for your reply.
Don't you think, they will cancel TRP once I apply to family class sponsorship since my baby will be outside of Canada. As i said, he will come to Canada 3-4 months later after applying the family calss sponsorship.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your reply.
Don't you think, they will cancel TRP once I apply to family class sponsorship since my baby will be outside of Canada. As i said, he will come to Canada 3-4 months later after applying the family calss sponsorship.
No.

mkoushik0730

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Here's my situation, we are already landed PR parents , currently staying in US and expecting US born baby soon. And then planning to Canada by end of this year.

Few queries
  1. As baby would hold US passport, should get visa on arrival . Will there be any problem to bring US born baby with Canadian PR parents? any specific explanation required at port of entry.
  2. if baby is eligible to enter, what would be the process for baby to get PR, how much time , it will take to get PR and what would be the fees to complete the process.
  3. Will baby be eligible to get OHIP benefit before PR process approved.
  4. Overall any problem to apply out land PR sponsorship while we all stay in Canada.
Please advice. I will appreciate your response in this regard.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Here's my situation, we are already landed PR parents , currently staying in US and expecting US born baby soon. And then planning to Canada by end of this year.

Few queries
  1. As baby would hold US passport, should get visa on arrival . Will there be any problem to bring US born baby with Canadian PR parents? any specific explanation required at port of entry.
  2. if baby is eligible to enter, what would be the process for baby to get PR, how much time , it will take to get PR and what would be the fees to complete the process.
  3. Will baby be eligible to get OHIP benefit before PR process approved.
  4. Overall any problem to apply out land PR sponsorship while we all stay in Canada.
Please advice. I will appreciate your response in this regard.
1. The child will be granted visitor status, not a visitor visa.

2. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

3. No.

4. No.