+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby in Canada on TRP - now what is the next step to get PR?

Dimahq

Nov 22, 2012
Hello everyone and thank you for all your feedbacks..
I hope you had all your issued resolved by now :)
well me and my husband have a similar case now....
We recieved our landing Visas in Jan 2012, the in Fenruary i discovered that i was pregnant!!! that was quite an unplanned surprise!! since this will be my forth pregnancy!!
Our plan was to land and premenantly move to Canada during the summer of 2012. we landed by that time, but my Doctor in my home country preferred that I go back deliver my baby there since he did my previous 3 c-sections and he was a bit concerned this time since i was having some complications.
So we came back to Jordan for the delivery, and i had my baby on Oct 16. well as my doctor predicted, i had a bleeding during the surgery and after the surgery in 2 weeks!!! but now all is fine.
since my kids are already in school now we will wait till ext summer(2013) to make the move again.
We r a bit confused regarding the sponsorship process....my questions are:
1. Should we apply for a TRV or a TRP so my baby can move immediately with us?
2.Can we apply for the PR from canada? and through which office? we r planning to reside in Toronto.
3.Can i (mother) apply for my child's sponsorship, even though i won't be working, and my husband would be the one with the job, but beacuase of his job, he would be travelling a lot.

I would really appreciate a clear and comforting answers since we r very concered about my child's PR and we really wish to finalize this and settle down in Canada...

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
PMM said:
Hi

1. What was the reason for the rejection? The child was admitted to Canada for 1 year on a TRP. You then had the choice of either Buffalo (Now CPP-Ottawa) or the overseas office responsible for the child's country of birth. H.& C applications show a processing time of 30-42 months. A sponsorship/application for a child is really quick through an overseas office, no background, no security, no criminal records check and a minimal medical exam. Unlikely to need an interview. The only problem would be if the child is an Indian citizen, is getting the passport there and back.

2. Here is the legal reasoning from the Regulations

Place of application for permanent resident visa

11. (1) An application for a permanent resident visa — other than an application for a permanent resident visa made under Part 8 — must be made to the immigration office that serves
(a) the country where the applicant is residing, if the applicant has been lawfully admitted to that country for a period of at least one year; or
(b) the applicant's country of nationality or, if the applicant is stateless, their country of habitual residence other than a country in which they are residing without having been lawfully admitted.

Part 8 doesn't apply as it is for refugees.
They rejected on the basis that persons in Canada can not use that application as it for persons outside of Canada.

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
UPDATE

We have FINALLY received the Interview date on December 10th. It should (hopefully, fingers crossed) be a formality. We expect to receive letter stating PR status during interview and then PR card to be mailed subsequently and received after standard processing time (2 months these days).

Total Process time: 24 Months

Dimahq

Nov 22, 2012
Great News for you :))) Hopefuly all will go well..
If you can reply to my post which I posted earlier (Nov.23rd) I would be very thankfull :))

sfaisalm

Oct 25, 2012
Hi tstarks ,

I have ditto same case, but in my case CPC-M sent to CPM-Vigerville, they sent to CPC-Vancouver. CPC-Vancouver send back to be because of insufficient fee(because i sent to CPC-M with sponsorship fee). This whole round took almost a year. Now i realized and sent back to CPC-V with H&C fee in October 2012.
My question is, do you have idea what time they will consider the starting date? when the application resent to CPC-V or when i sent application 1st to CPC-M?
Because my case is same, i like to know things happens with you in detail but summarize

thanks

Syed

Sarojji

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Dear friend,

I am from Kathmandu, Nepal. I have gone through your posts in forum. I found your situation is quite similar to mine, so I am writing to you.

We (me and my wife) became Canadian PR on 27 August 2010. I stayed around 2 months in Montreal and my wife stayed 6 months in spite of our port of entry was Toronto. Again we are trying to go Toronto as my relatives are there in Mississauga, Toronto. It has been complete 2 years we left Canada since than i am in my home country, Nepal because of some unavoidable circumstances. In between we got female baby, now she is 12 months old. Just 2 months back, I had applied TRV for her but was refused.

I have also tried to fill up the TRP form but it seems different because the form there is for those who already have TRP and want to take next one or trying to stay longer in Canada. I am totally confused as now its being problem for me to remain here because of residency obligations and still not getting the right way.

Now my question is;

Can you please send me the link of exact form? And your advice and experience towards the journey would be assets to us. We would be grateful if you could write us the things you suffer in Port of entry and to take your baby towards.

Waiting for your response. Please....

With lots of thanks

Sarojji

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Sarojji said:
Dear friend,

I am from Kathmandu, Nepal. I have gone through your posts in forum. I found your situation is quite similar to mine, so I am writing to you.

We (me and my wife) became Canadian PR on 27 August 2010. I stayed around 2 months in Montreal and my wife stayed 6 months in spite of our port of entry was Toronto. Again we are trying to go Toronto as my relatives are there in Mississauga, Toronto. It has been complete 2 years we left Canada since than i am in my home country, Nepal because of some unavoidable circumstances. In between we got female baby, now she is 12 months old. Just 2 months back, I had applied TRV for her but was refused.

I have also tried to fill up the TRP form but it seems different because the form there is for those who already have TRP and want to take next one or trying to stay longer in Canada. I am totally confused as now its being problem for me to remain here because of residency obligations and still not getting the right way.

Now my question is;

Can you please send me the link of exact form? And your advice and experience towards the journey would be assets to us. We would be grateful if you could write us the things you suffer in Port of entry and to take your baby towards.

With lots of thanks

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
sfaisalm said:
Hi tstarks ,

I have ditto same case, but in my case CPC-M sent to CPM-Vigerville, they sent to CPC-Vancouver. CPC-Vancouver send back to be because of insufficient fee(because i sent to CPC-M with sponsorship fee). This whole round took almost a year. Now i realized and sent back to CPC-V with H&C fee in October 2012.
My question is, do you have idea what time they will consider the starting date? when the application resent to CPC-V or when i sent application 1st to CPC-M?
Because my case is same, i like to know things happens with you in detail but summarize

thanks

Syed
I never had this issue so I can't comment on it. The best thing would be to try and find a competent and sincere call center agent who can help clarify the situation for you.

Just be patient. It takes time but you get there eventually.

Final Update from me:
PR Status Received on Dec 10 2012
PR Card Received on Feb 1 2013

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
Sarojji said:
Dear friend,

Now my question is;

With lots of thanks
I would recommend 1 of 2 things:

1. Talk to your local Canadian embassy and explain your situation as clearly and honestly as you can. They are usually helpful in explaining what you need to do get a TRP. The TRP (or Minister's Permit) was provided a special consideration in our case AFTER we applied using a TRV. I did not find the application form through the cic website.

2. One of you has to come to Canada, get established here and sponsor the regular way. I have no idea how it works, but I know it is a much shorter and clear process than going via option 1.

Good luck.

SaraDenise

Jan 21, 2013
My husband and I are both PR’s as of May 2009. We are currently residing outside of Canada and have a 2 year old son who was born in Portugal.
I am pregnant with our second child, birth due June 15 of this year, and we’re having a difficult time on deciding when to move back permanently to Canada, if before or after the baby is born.
Our main concern is regarding our OHIP coverage (which we know we will have to apply once again and wait the 3 month waiting period) as it is almost impossible to go back to Canada in time to obtain our OHIP before the baby is born. So our concern is regarding OHIP coverage for our children once we land in Canada again. Did your daughter get OHIP after the 3 month waiting period when you moved back to Canada while you’re sponsorship application for her was being processed? If so, what did you do for her to get it before she became a PR?

Our other concern is regarding the sponsorship. Our country is visa exempt so what is the best way to have our children travel with us to Canada? Will they be issued a TRV or TRP? From my understanding, a TRP is only issued if a TRV is denied, but since they are visa exempt, how can they obtain a TRP? If there is a possibility of them getting a TRP, will we be able to start sponsorship for them as soon as we land? Should we apply under H&C grounds and send the application to Alberta? If not, what application form should we use and where should we send it to?

There is a possibility that my husband will travel before us even though we will be meeting with him shortly afterwards. Could he apply for sponsorship to CPC-M? Would it take a shorter time?

Hope you can help out, thanks

sfaisalm

Oct 25, 2012
For TRP/TRV you may need to contact canadian embassy in your country.

For sponsopship application of born baby outisde canada and now in canada on TRP,(with my personal experience) there is no clear guide line to call center, they don't know the process of sponsorship application of child if child in canada on any TRP visa. However H&C is they way it worked for me

The clear procedure is only when one of the parent come to canada and apply for sponsorship. If you are pregnant, deliver baby in canada otherwise process is long and hard.

For PR: If Parents are not canadian citizen and PR only then one of them must come to canada and apply for sponsorship.

If child in Canada, CPC-M will not work and they will send application to CPC Vigerville and they will sent to CPC Vancouver for H&C grounds(This happened with me). And keep in mind H&C fee is 550$
My advise, call Call center 3 to 4 times in different days to see and if they you consistant information for procedure.

As per my understanding you can get medical coverage for your non-PR child ONLY after the 1st stage approval of sponsorship application of your child. No medical coverage on TRP/TRV. You need third party insurance.

msrajan

May 7, 2012
Hi tstarks,

Thanks for posting your experience.

Can you please send me your mail ID ? I am going to sponsor my child in the same route, I may seek your advise.

Advance thanks ...

m_singarajan@yahoo.com

sansun

Apr 17, 2013
Hi- Been reading this thread tens of times. Thanks kstark and the experts for posting. Am seeking advice on the PR process after receiving a 6 month TRV, and any possible pitfalls.

Situation: My wife, son and I hold PR cards issued in Jun 2010 and returned to India in July 2010 due to unavoidable circumstances. We'd applied for and received a single entry 6 months TRV for my 2 year old daughter. We are all planning to travel to Canada in May 2013, and sponsor my daughter from there.

Can someone pl advice how we should with the application- should it be inland or outland? While applying for her PR would she be considered as living outside Canada (and hence we should send the application sent to Mississauga, Ontario)? If either which is faster?

Thank you in advance.

Msrnsk

May 7, 2013
Hi. Thanks for the information provided in this forum. This has been very helpful. I and my wife have PR status since sep 2011 but I was working in the uk. As my baby was born in the uk in march 2012 ( my baby has an indian passport )and I planned to move to Canada in December 2012 , the uk canadian embassy issued a TRP for my daughter for 6 months till end of July 2013 . I have applied for my baby's PR and it is under process at the Vancouver office under H&C
Now my questions are as follows
- I am planning for a vacation to India but my baby does not have a visa to get back into the country, as her TRP was given as a single entry visa
- now, can I apply for a multiple entry TRP so that I can visit India and bring my baby back on the TRP
- I got a suggestion from the company lawyer that I need to get a TRV from new delhi to bring my baby back into the country

I am a bit confused whether an extension of a TRP (multiple entry) would be sufficient to get my baby back or is a TRV required?
If I take my baby out of the country while the PR is under process under H&C , will the current application become invalid and do I need to reapply after I return back from my vacation?

Please do let me know as I am currently confused on how to go about my vacation plans

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Msrnsk said:
Hi. Thanks for the information provided in this forum. This has been very helpful. I and my wife have PR status since sep 2011 but I was working in the uk. As my baby was born in the uk in march 2012 ( my baby has an indian passport )and I planned to move to Canada in December 2012 , the uk canadian embassy issued a TRP for my daughter for 6 months till end of July 2013 . I have applied for my baby's PR and it is under process at the Vancouver office under H&C
Now my questions are as follows
- I am planning for a vacation to India but my baby does not have a visa to get back into the country, as her TRP was given as a single entry visa
- now, can I apply for a multiple entry TRP so that I can visit India and bring my baby back on the TRP
- I got a suggestion from the company lawyer that I need to get a TRV from new delhi to bring my baby back into the country

I am a bit confused whether an extension of a TRP (multiple entry) would be sufficient to get my baby back or is a TRV required?
If I take my baby out of the country while the PR is under process under H&C , will the current application become invalid and do I need to reapply after I return back from my vacation?

Please do let me know as I am currently confused on how to go about my vacation plans
I can tell you about the TRP. There is no multiple entry TRP. TRP is only renewable if your baby is in Canada. If you leave Canada, you have to apply for TRP again for you baby from India. Instead of TRP you can also apply for TRV from India. I think getting a TRP or TRV from India is not very easy.