+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby in Canada on TRP - now what is the next step to get PR?

msrajan

May 7, 2012
Hi Tstarks,

I am preparing the application package for my child on TRP. If you can answer on the followings, it will be helpful,

(1) Do I need to include my wife as co-signer on Application to sponsor form ?
(2) Do we need to submit financial evaluation form ?

Thanks & regards ...

Kalabo

Jun 20, 2013
Hi Tstarks,

Did you pay for the right of permanent residence ($490) upfront together with the standard fee ($550)?

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
Kalabo said:
Hi Tstarks,

Did you pay for the right of permanent residence ($490) upfront together with the standard fee ($550)?
No. Just paid the 550. If you are unsure then I suggest you double check with CIC call center.

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
msrajan said:
Hi Tstarks,

I am preparing the application package for my child on TRP. If you can answer on the followings, it will be helpful,

(1) Do I need to include my wife as co-signer on Application to sponsor form ?
(2) Do we need to submit financial evaluation form ?

Thanks & regards ...
Sorry I can't remember much about the initial TRP application as it was so long ago. I would submit the additional documentation as it never hurts to have more than what is needed.

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
Amy612 said:
I can tell you about the TRP. There is no multiple entry TRP. TRP is only renewable if your baby is in Canada. If you leave Canada, you have to apply for TRP again for you baby from India. Instead of TRP you can also apply for TRV from India. I think getting a TRP or TRV from India is not very easy.
This is a good answer. My advice is to stay in Canada until the PR card is processed and pray nothing unfortunate (such as death in immediate family) happens.

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
sfaisalm said:
For TRP/TRV you may need to contact canadian embassy in your country.

For sponsopship application of born baby outisde canada and now in canada on TRP,(with my personal experience) there is no clear guide line to call center, they don't know the process of sponsorship application of child if child in canada on any TRP visa. However H&C is they way it worked for me

The clear procedure is only when one of the parent come to canada and apply for sponsorship. If you are pregnant, deliver baby in canada otherwise process is long and hard.

For PR: If Parents are not canadian citizen and PR only then one of them must come to canada and apply for sponsorship.

If child in Canada, CPC-M will not work and they will send application to CPC Vigerville and they will sent to CPC Vancouver for H&C grounds(This happened with me). And keep in mind H&C fee is 550$
My advise, call Call center 3 to 4 times in different days to see and if they you consistant information for procedure.

As per my understanding you can get medical coverage for your non-PR child ONLY after the 1st stage approval of sponsorship application of your child. No medical coverage on TRP/TRV. You need third party insurance.
Yes. This has by mine and a few others experience. So to summarize in order to priority:

1. Have the baby in Canada

2. Once baby is born have one of the spouse travel to Canada, re-establish ties and sponsor the baby.

3. Bring the baby over on a TRP and once in Canada sponsor on H&C grounds.

3 is by far the longest process, can take up to 2 years.

bbehrad

Jul 5, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks every one specially tstarks for valuable information. I have the same case. My visa office is Abu Dhabi.
Reading all the discussions still have some doubts as below;
The scenario;
1- I am preparing a letter to Abu Dhabi explaining everything and ask for their advice.
2-Most probably I will get the answer as tstarks got.
3-I will apply for TRV they will refuse and ask me to provide some documents and apply for TRP which one of them is resigning letter and/or Gulf visa cancellation for me and family.
My question here:
a) Will they specify any time limit to providing such documents? Since my intention is first finding a job remotely (finger crossed) then cancel gulf residency this process may take about one year. Will they keep the case open for this long?
In other word when is the best time to approach them for TRV?
4-They issue TRP finally
My questions here:
b) Will my baby get OHIP after 3 month if come with TRP? What about any other social rights?
c) Some says it is possible to cancel TRP and apply family sponsorship outland. Is it true?

Awebus

Star Member
Dec 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We had a similar situation, baby born outside Canada and we got PR (Landed and came back in 2 weeks) in July 2012.

We applied for TRV and asked immigration department to consider for TRP IF we're not eligible for TRV. We did it in same letter. Surprisingly within a week, they granted us TRV instead of TRP (And I heard at least 2-3 cases who granted TRV). I think that's because, we explain our situation in details and they may found it genuine.

Once we arrived to Canada, I talked to immigration department, they told us to go for outland as we were NOT eligible for inland. I applied for PR under family sponsorship program. We got sponsorship approved within a month and now our file is in second stange at NVDO. We're waiting for further updates from visa office now.

If anyone need further info, please don't hesitate to contact me.

bbehrad

Jul 5, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awebus said:
We had a similar situation, baby born outside Canada and we got PR (Landed and came back in 2 weeks) in July 2012.

We applied for TRV and asked immigration department to consider for TRP IF we're not eligible for TRV. We did it in same letter. Surprisingly within a week, they granted us TRV instead of TRP (And I heard at least 2-3 cases who granted TRV). I think that's because, we explain our situation in details and they may found it genuine.

Once we arrived to Canada, I talked to immigration department, they told us to go for outland as we were NOT eligible for inland. I applied for PR under family sponsorship program. We got sponsorship approved within a month and now our file is in second stange at NVDO. We're waiting for further updates from visa office now.

If anyone need further info, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Dear Awebus,
It is nice to hear your process has gone very well. I hope it will be the same for next steps.
Where was your visa office? AbuDhabi?

Muhammadk

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2009
Doc's Request.
All sent with the application
AOR Received.
13-11-2009
File Transfer...
15-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
PPR in March
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Alhamdullilah on 4 April in Toronto came back after 2 weeks
tstarks said:
Yes. This has by mine and a few others experience. So to summarize in order to priority:

1. Have the baby in Canada

2. Once baby is born have one of the spouse travel to Canada, re-establish ties and sponsor the baby.

3. Bring the baby over on a TRP and once in Canada sponsor on H&C grounds.

3 is by far the longest process, can take up to 2 years.
Dear tstarks and seniors,

I have been reading the posts of you and other who are facing quite a difficult time in getting PR card of your baby. My best wishes are with you guys. Actually I am wondering that am I going to face these same problems and am quite scared already!! My wife is 23 weeks pregnant and both of us are PR card holders. We came last year to Canada (Ontario) for 2 weeks and came back to UK where both of us had a job. We are not from a visa exempt country. I am seriously thinking to come to Canada and have our baby delivered here so to avoid stress of being apart and other stresses. We cant come in February, the earliest we can come would be mid April as both of us have to give notice period to our jobs before leaving I have few queries:

1) Can I land in Alberta or any other province where you get medical from day 1 even we landed earlier in Toronto (though we didn't apply for OHIP but we made an Ontario ID and opened bank account and got SIN card).

2) If some one gets a job in Ontario (since my wife's relatives live there) can I get medical for free?? I know its hard to get insurance for someone
who is pregnant! My wife pregnancy is high risk pregnancy and she already had few complications earlier on!!!!!

3) Does any one knows the cost how much it would be if we deliver a baby in Ontario (I know its extremely hard to tell because of complications and stuff) but any rough idea?? Do you guys think its a bad option?

4) Or just stay in the UK get our baby delivered here and follow the options as suggested.

All your kind advises and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Many thanks

Muhammadk

Dimahq

Nov 22, 2012
Well Guys.....We went the whole process of sponsoring our baby, and to be honest with you we were freaking out ...we landed in 2012 then went back for my home country to have my baby there upon my Dr advice since i had some medical complications. later on we applied for a TRP for her and we all moved back to Canada in 2013..immidiately i contacted CIC and asked them what type of application to use and they send it to me with all the needed details. It was a straight forward application "Sponsoring a spouse or dependant child from outside canada" even though the baby was inside..this is what they advised me..I send all the documents with the appliation on Sep 13th,2013, got aan apporoval for me to be her sponser on Sep 27th, 2013, then on March10th, 2014 recieved a letter from them requesting a proof of funds (bank statments) and on March 21st they emailed me asking for her passport for stamping the landing visa :) I sent the passport on the same day and recieved in on March 27th, 2014 :)) no complications or anything!! it was not as I thought !!!if you apply everything in the checklist they provide you then it is a simple process for a baby :) total time 6 months only!!! ;D

bbehrad

Jul 5, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am applying for family sponsorship for my son who is on a TRP in Canada. Can anyone help me with below questions:

1-Which immigration office inside Canada should be selected ?

2-Shall I use his UCI for TRP in the forms or leave it blank?

3-Fee calculation is a little bit confusing. Am I right with this calculation 75$ for sponsor + 75$ for dependent child and no right of permanent resident fee = 150$

Thanks and Regards

saad0411

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dimahq said:
Well Guys.....We went the whole process of sponsoring our baby, and to be honest with you we were freaking out ...we landed in 2012 then went back for my home country to have my baby there upon my Dr advice since i had some medical complications. later on we applied for a TRP for her and we all moved back to Canada in 2013..immidiately i contacted CIC and asked them what type of application to use and they send it to me with all the needed details. It was a straight forward application "Sponsoring a spouse or dependant child from outside canada" even though the baby was inside..this is what they advised me..I send all the documents with the appliation on Sep 13th,2013, got aan apporoval for me to be her sponser on Sep 27th, 2013, then on March10th, 2014 recieved a letter from them requesting a proof of funds (bank statments) and on March 21st they emailed me asking for her passport for stamping the landing visa :) I sent the passport on the same day and recieved in on March 27th, 2014 :)) no complications or anything!! it was not as I thought !!!if you apply everything in the checklist they provide you then it is a simple process for a baby :) total time 6 months only!!! ;D
Hello Dimahq,

Hope you're doing well, I have been reading the posts of you and other who faced quite a difficult time in getting PR card of their baby born outside Canada.

I am also going through the same situation which you probably had faced.

I have Canadian PR status since June 2013. I moved back to Abu Dhabi with my wife and two kids in July 2013. We were blessed with another son in September 2013. Now we are planning to permanently move to Canada.

I am in a dilemma that shall I apply TRV (visitor visa) for my son born in Abu Dhabi or should I go directly for TRP?

Can you also please give complete details how you processed PR application of you child when you were in Canada i.e. Which CIC office you contacted, what kind you documents sent by CIC and where did you apply for sponsorship etc.

Waiting for your response,

Many thanks & regards.

Ahmad

snowboy

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Doc's Request.
12-11-2014
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Interview........
Decision made on 19th Feb 2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
Hello,

Me & My wife are Permanent residence in canada. We received Visitor visa(V-1) for a year for my daughter.

How to identify whether its TRV or TRP just by looking at the visa?

Thanks for your help.

Snowboy