+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby citizenship

rich19

Apr 27, 2015
Hi Good evening. I'm a PR here in vancouver and I'm 35 weeks pregnant now. I just came from the Philippines last month. Soon I will be giving birth to my first child. I'm Single and the father of my child was at the Philippines. My baby will be a canadian citizen right ?
I just want to ask something. Can I leave my baby in the Philippines? How long can I leave my baby in the Philippines? What should I do? please answer my questions. Thank you so much and God bless!

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rich19 said:
Hi Good evening. I'm a PR here in vancouver and I'm 35 weeks pregnant now. I just came from the Philippines last month. Soon I will be giving birth to my first child. I'm Single and the father of my child was at the Philippines. My baby will be a canadian citizen right ?
I just want to ask something. Can I leave my baby in the Philippines? How long can I leave my baby in the Philippines? What should I do? please answer my questions. Thank you so much and God bless!
If your child is born in Canada, he or she will be a Canadian citizen. If born outside of Canada, he/she will not be a Canadian citizen (if neither parent is Canadian). If born in Canada, your child can stay outside of Canada indefinitely and not lose his/her citizenship. However, if you leave Canada with the child, you can lose your PR status if you're gone too long.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rich19 said:
So I can leave my baby in the Philippines?
If the baby is born in Canada, he/she will always have Canadian citizenship, so, yes, you can leave the baby in the Philippines if that's what you want to do.

rich19

Apr 27, 2015
My plan is when my baby reach the age of 1 or 7-8 months i will bring her in the Philippines and leave my baby to his father and then I will go back here in canada to work. After a year I will go back in the Philippines and get my baby? Is that allowed?

icemwaahh

Nov 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rich19 said:
How long?
depends on how long the Philippine immigration officer will allow your baby upon entering the Philippines. Usually 1 year.

deen1981

May 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most likely the baby will be automatically filipino citizen as long as the mother applies and obtains the passport, the child, having been born in Canada would be a dual-citizen of both Canada and Philippines. Hence there is no requirement regarding how long the child is in or outside of Canada and in/outside of Philippines.

So 'rich', to make it very simple for you - the answer is yes. You can take your baby anywhere the day after it is born and leave it anywhere for as long as you like. Except that it does take a few weeks to obtain the birth certificate which is required to obtain the passport. Probably Philippines Consulate will require that the birth certificate is attested by Minstry of Foreign Affairs Canada and require you to submit a notarized copy when applying for philippines passport for the baby.