+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby born outside of Canada while on PR

Discussion in 'Permanent Residency Obligations' started by salral, Sep 2, 2019.

  1. We have done soft landing and got the PR a month ago. Now I along with my family ( Me, my wife & a son)returned to our home country.
    My wife is expecting a baby in May 2020 but our plan to move to Canada is in end of 2020. Any legal issue to give birth outside of Canada while you are on PR status. How and when should we inform about this to cic.

    Please provide your guidance.
  2. There is no legal issue about being PRs and having a baby or babies outside of Canada and you do not have to inform IRCC of the birth. You will though need to sponsor any children you have for PR given they do not become PRs obviously just because you are PRs
  3. One parent will have to go to Canada in order to sponsor the child. You can try to get a TRV or TRP for the baby but it is 50/50. Sponsorship of a child takes 5-11 months.
  4. I believe it s a not a good decision to give birth outside canada
    Your kid could be born canadian that s better and less sponsorship time to manage and paperwork

Share This Page