+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby born outside Canada, what visa is available for him to return to Canada.

guweishi

Jun 2, 2018
Hi,
I and my wife are PR of Canada. Due to COVID-19, we had our first baby in our country last year, now we plan to back to Canada, but our baby does not have VISA. Because three of us are staying outside Canada, our baby does not match the TRV's requirements, the trip purpose of our baby is not travel because he will not return , and is also not for visiting because his parents are outside Canada.
So, I want to know in this situation, what should I do for our baby, is there any VISA could allow our baby back to Canada with us together?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I and my wife are PR of Canada. Due to COVID-19, we had our first baby in our country last year, now we plan to back to Canada, but our baby does not have VISA. Because three of us are staying outside Canada, our baby does not match the TRV's requirements, the trip purpose of our baby is not travel because he will not return , and is also not for visiting because his parents are outside Canada.
So, I want to know in this situation, what should I do for our baby, is there any VISA could allow our baby back to Canada with us together?
You would in fact apply for a TRV to bring your child to Canada with you. If the TRV is approved, then you are good to go. If not, then you can try applying for a TRP. If that is also refused, then one of you will have to move to Canada ahead of the rest of the family and sponsor the child for PR. Once the child's PR visa is approved, the other parent and the child can then come to Canada.

guweishi

Jun 2, 2018
You would in fact apply for a TRV to bring your child to Canada with you. If the TRV is approved, then you are good to go. If not, then you can try applying for a TRP. If that is also refused, then one of you will have to move to Canada ahead of the rest of the family and sponsor the child for PR. Once the child's PR visa is approved, the other parent and the child can then come to Canada.
Thank you very much. What is the full name of TRP?

guweishi

Jun 2, 2018
By the way, if one of us will have to move to Canada ahead. It must be me. So, in this situation, can I invite my baby to come to Canada by using the TRV, then I apply the PR visa for him after he come to Canada. Because applying PR require very long time, I don't want to leave my wife and baby too long.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way, if one of us will have to move to Canada ahead. It must be me. So, in this situation, can I invite my baby to come to Canada by using the TRV, then I apply the PR visa for him after he come to Canada. Because applying PR require very long time, I don't want to leave my wife and baby too long.
It's the same. Given there are previous refusal, the chance of a new visa application would be high. It might be better if you do both at the same time.