+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby Born outside Canada to Parents having PR

Riks

Dec 2, 2014
If the baby is not visa exempt to go to Canada, you should talk to the Canadian embassy close to where you are about your options. You can try applying for a TRV. If refused, you can try a TRP. It seems that some people have succeeded in getting one. If the TRP is refused, one of the parents must go to Canada and sponsor the baby for PR.

How to apply TRP after TRV got rejected for newborn

Yusra_1111

Apr 12, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Can someone help me in this regards, if someone is PR holder for herself, spouse and 1 kid in from 2015 and now they have another kid in 2018 and want her to get PR so what will be the process? can we directly send infant's documents to CHC or what?

It's little urgent if anyone can help..... many thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

Can someone help me in this regards, if someone is PR holder for herself, spouse and 1 kid in from 2015 and now they have another kid in 2018 and want her to get PR so what will be the process? can we directly send infant's documents to CHC or what?

It's little urgent if anyone can help..... many thanks in advance
The child has to be sponsored for PR. To sponsor the child for PR, one of the parents must be physically living in Canada when the application is submitted and must continue living in Canada while the application is processed. Make sure you meet the residency obligation when you apply to sponsor your child - otherwise you can expect your PR to be revoked.

Yusra_1111

Apr 12, 2018
The child has to be sponsored for PR. To sponsor the child for PR, one of the parents must be physically living in Canada when the application is submitted and must continue living in Canada while the application is processed. Make sure you meet the residency obligation when you apply to sponsor your child - otherwise you can expect your PR to be revoked.
Huge thanks

Lion2807

Aug 30, 2017
If the baby is not visa exempt to go to Canada, you should talk to the Canadian embassy close to where you are about your options. You can try applying for a TRV. If refused, you can try a TRP. It seems that some people have succeeded in getting one. If the TRP is refused, one of the parents must go to Canada and sponsor the baby for PR.

Hi,

I am in a similar situation. My wife and I are both PR in Mauritius. We went to Canada to take the PR in April, my wife was 5 months pregnant then. Our baby has arrived in August in Mauritius, and we obviously want to settle in Canada with our entire family. I've read quite a bit about parents in my situation getting TRP/TRV rejected, and need to sponsor from Canada, leaving family behind. CIC website say procedures can be quite long, 14 months for Mauritius. I definitely want to avoid that!!

The thing is, I (me only, not my wife) have a French passport. My child is therefore French by birth, and I've read France is a visa exempt country.
Does it mean I can bring my child with me just with her French passport?
Will authorities accept PR parents with a baby without PR but visa exempt?

Thank you for your help.