+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby Born outside Canada to Parents having PR

Mar 26, 2017
Hi All,

Myself and my wife both have PR and are currently outside Canada, in India. We are expecting Baby soon to be born in India and want to understand how can we process the PR application for the baby.
I would be travelling to canada in coming months, so can i process the PR application for baby from India or i need to be in Canada to initiate the sponsorship process for my Baby?. Furthermore, can you suggest what would be the timeline to get the PR sponsorship done for the new born, i understand the CIC page says 18 months for the dependent child/Spouse, but does this apply for new born too?.

Please help me with your relevant experiences/suggestions on this.

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Canada_Calling_2017 said:
Hi All,

Myself and my wife both have PR and are currently outside Canada, in India. We are expecting Baby soon to be born in India and want to understand how can we process the PR application for the baby.
I would be travelling to canada in coming months, so can i process the PR application for baby from India or i need to be in Canada to initiate the sponsorship process for my Baby?. Furthermore, can you suggest what would be the timeline to get the PR sponsorship done for the new born, i understand the CIC page says 18 months for the dependent child/Spouse, but does this apply for new born too?.

Thanks
1) You must be resident in Canada to submit the dependant child sponsorship application AND you must stay for the whole time that the application is being processed.
2) Time to process information on the IRCC web site is a historical statistic for the time required to process 80% of applications. It is of no use for planning the timetable of a specific case.

Mar 26, 2017
Hi zardoz,

Thanks for your reply. However, if someone has gone through this process and could guide, i just wanted to have a rough time estimate to understand my safe bet.

@ All,

Anyone can help in understanding the timeline would be of great help.

Thanks

Blueberry_24

Feb 8, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
8/11/2016
Doc's Request.
26 September 2016 (Valid till 30 September 2017)
AOR Received.
25/11/2016
File Transfer...
7/12/2016 (NDVO mail 12-12-16)
Med's Request
Verification call from NDVO on 11May 2017
Med's Done....
Medical updated on ECAS 12 May 2017
Interview........
Not interested
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
Hi All,

Thanks

If the baby is not visa exempt to go to Canada, you should talk to the Canadian embassy close to where you are about your options. You can try applying for a TRV. If refused, you can try a TRP. It seems that some people have succeeded in getting one. If the TRP is refused, one of the parents must go to Canada and sponsor the baby for PR.

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Hi zardoz,

Thanks for your reply. However, if someone has gone through this process and could guide, i just wanted to have a rough time estimate to understand my safe bet.

@ All,

Anyone can help in understanding the timeline would be of great help.

Thanks

Once you file in your application & everything is in good order, the AOR & sponsorship approval should come withing 30 calendar days.

After that the file would be transferred to the Visa Office in the sponsored applicants home country for further processing. It would be New Delhi Visa Office in your case.

Once that office start processing, the remainder of the processing should get complete in 6-8 months (in case of a newborn).

Mar 26, 2017
Hi,

Thanks for your reply this quite release my tension.
Is this time line shared of 30 calender days for AOR and sponsorship and later 6 to 8 months for visa grant is shared with some background experience from your side or you found on cic website?.

Vancouver1234

Oct 27, 2015
If you are planning to travel together with family you can apply for visitor visa for your kid and once you land in Canada you can apply for PR. I did the same....

Mar 26, 2017
Hi,

Thanks for your reply Vancouver1234. Are you sure we can do that, right now we are in India?. I have seen here on the forum that if you apply for travel visa of child, it gets rejected on the ground that, your intention is to settle and not just visit.

What was your exact situation when you applied for your baby's TRV?.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your reply Vancouver1234. Are you sure we can do that, right now we are in India?. I have seen here on the forum that if you apply for travel visa of child, it gets rejected on the ground that, your intention is to settle and not just visit.

What was your exact situation when you applied for your baby's TRV?.
Yes, you can apply for a TRV for the baby while you are in India. Some are approved, some are refused. It has no effect on the PR either way.

Mar 26, 2017
Thanks. That's what I am trying to understand. From what I have heared so far is, if we directly apply for trv chances are high for rejection but if we apply from PR and later apply for TRV with reference of the PR already applied, TRV is likely to get approve. I am just trying to find someone how had already done this ways and suceeded here, so we can be rest assure this works.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks. That's what I am trying to understand. From what I have heared so far is, if we directly apply for trv chances are high for rejection but if we apply from PR and later apply for TRV with reference of the PR already applied, TRV is likely to get approve. I am just trying to find someone how had already done this ways and suceeded here, so we can be rest assure this works.
Thanks
Unfortunately there's no guarantee that will work. We see plenty of TRV refusals here in cases were the PR application has already been submitted. I don't think there's any real difference if you apply before vs. after submitting the PR application.

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Thanks

I would advise against it.
I had seen a recent case of a friend who had applied TRV on top of his child's PR application & it was refused.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The_Dark_Knight said:
I had seen a recent case of a friend who had applied TRV on top of his child's PR application & it was refused.
A refusal doesn't affect the PR app and there is always the possibility of approval, so it makes no sense to advise against applying.

Mar 26, 2017
The_Dark_Knight said:

Can you provide more insight on reason provided for rejection?. He had shown enough funds ?.

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
A refusal doesn't affect the PR app and there is always the possibility of approval, so it makes no sense to advise against applying.

I know that a TRV refusal doesn't affect processing of a PR application.

People are free to take their chances.