+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby and Two Year old, and waiting for Spouses Sponsorship 19 months!

natassica

Dec 2, 2011
Hello everyone,

I have been reading all of the couples who are undergoing sponsorships and I can't help feeling frustrated for all of you along with being angry as my kids are growing up without their dad.
We submitted our application in March 2010, it was forwarded to Vienna in June 2010, went for an interview in September 2010; after that the application was sent to the Modern War Crimes Section for review.
It has been 13 months since it was forwarded there, and still no news. Yet we have a newborn (7 WEEKS) and Two year old, as if being apart is not hard enough I am dealing with two small kids on my own and its been rough.

The Vienna Embassy is not offering us any updates, besides its still in progress, what is, what are they checking.
I notice some people mentioning CSIS, and that you can fax them to see the progress of the background check. How do I contact them to get this information.

WE requested CAIPS notes in April and there was nothing there except that the check may take 12-18 months.

I just want an update and to know how much longer I have to be on my own, and how far they got with the checks.

There is also the matter of my husbands ex wife who is in a high position within the Ministry and she promised to do everything she can to keep him from leaving the country, I am worried that she may have something to do with the delays, but how do I find out if she has.

She told my husband that she wrote to Minister Kenny to request that he not be granted residence here.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Sleepless in Canada

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
That's very sad.

I assume you are in Canada and you are sponsoring your husband to come here permanently. Local ministry doesn't have any control over foreign diplomats (Canadian Embassy in Vienna). It's against Int'l law. But if your husband's ex-wife was successful to convince the minister; they might have put something bad (i.e. criminal charge or so) in your husband's profile of his nationality. If that's the case, CSIS will find these and may think your husband being a possible threat to Canada. Therefore, you should inform CIC/ CSIS re: the whole story.

I'm no expert on this. I just felt replying to you reading your post. Having said that, you should still wait for senior's reply here. They will be able to shed more light on this. You may also hire a lawyer to deal with this if it has gone that worse.

Good luck!

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2011, pick up friday !
wow what a mess .... these crazy exes.... i have a story of my own... my husband's ex left him over 5 years ago, and suddenly, as we started the immigration process, she was throwing herself at him saying she was his only family, and that all she wanted is to be with him...she even went as far as "trying"(might sound harsh, but I do not totally dig it, she had an agenda of her own) to kill herself, twice, every time calling him to come and "save" her...she harassed me, she harassed him as well as my sister in-law...

Knowing she was capable of all this, I was really worried she would try to mess up his application... it honestly stressed me for the last two years...luckily it seems that we are ok...

I feel for you, belive me, it's like stressfull enought, does one really need this added pressure because of some crazy ex...

good luck

Admirable

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2011 & 27-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
08-03-2012 (2nd medical redo)
Med's Done....
06-06-2010 and 09-03-2012
Interview........
08-03-2012 Positive
Passport Req..
18-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
Get your MP involved to see what's the hold up. 19 mths is a long time.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Admirable said:
Get your MP involved to see what's the hold up. 19 mths is a long time.
Won't work. Nothing an MP can do or even CIC can do about a check going through CSIS. The Supreme Court has said that it's mandate of protecting Canada's security and that of it's people supercedes everything else, including immigration. So basically it takes as long as it takes. However, you can contact them to ask if they will give you a status update. http://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/cmmn/cntcts-eng.asp

natassica

Dec 2, 2011
Yes, I am a permanent resident, and the kids and I are in Canada. I have contacted the MP's office and they said the same thing, I have to wait there is no expediting the case. Its frustrating because my older son really misses his dad, he really needs that male role model in his life. Visits just don't do the trick.

I was hoping they would allow my husband to come on a temporary resident permit, to be with us until the process is over; however he was denied, he hence missed the birth of both his sons.
I just don't understand why families do not have priority.

It bothers me that I cannot get any information as to whether his ex wife has anything to do with the delays, so that we have some say or can try to clarify if there is some problem. But no one will tell you anything..
I do not know if a lawyer will help, and given the situation I do not have money to waste...if anyone knows of a good lawyer that has experience with Serbian immigration let me know please!

Saralune, that is a crazy ex you have on your hands, I am glad that she did not go any further to mix up your lives than she already has....Glad your process is almost over, congratulations!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natassica said:
Yes, I am a permanent resident, and the kids and I are in Canada. I have contacted the MP's office and they said the same thing, I have to wait there is no expediting the case. Its frustrating because my older son really misses his dad, he really needs that male role model in his life. Visits just don't do the trick.

I was hoping they would allow my husband to come on a temporary resident permit, to be with us until the process is over; however he was denied, he hence missed the birth of both his sons.
I just don't understand why families do not have priority.

It bothers me that I cannot get any information as to whether his ex wife has anything to do with the delays, so that we have some say or can try to clarify if there is some problem. But no one will tell you anything..
I do not know if a lawyer will help, and given the situation I do not have money to waste...if anyone knows of a good lawyer that has experience with Serbian immigration let me know please!

Saralune, that is a crazy ex you have on your hands, I am glad that she did not go any further to mix up your lives than she already has....Glad your process is almost over, congratulations!
Unfortunately, there is nothing a lawyer can do. The Supreme Court of Canada has already decided the issue. Why do you want a lawyer familiar with Serbian immigration? Canadian immigration is the decision maker here. I'm assuming your husband served in the war in the former Yugoslavia. Hopefully it won't be much longer for you.

natassica

Dec 2, 2011
NO, my husband never served in the Yugoslavian army as part of the war, just as part of the mandatory service.