+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Babies born outside Canada, how to bring them with us to Canada?

Sunshine12345

Sep 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2011
AOR Received.
25-10-2011
File Transfer...
14-09-2011
Med's Done....
25-04-2011
Interview........
. . .
Passport Req..
Hopefully soooooooon! : )
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soooooooon! : )
LANDED..........
. . .
Hi guys,

At this moment I'm waiting for my visa papers to be done. My partner and I send the application to CPC Mississauga in June. The papers were sent to the Visa Office in Vienna, as they told us in the letter (spons.approval). Now we are waiting for the VO to contact us.
Meanwhile, I find out that I'm pregnant, and I was reading what kind of papers do we need to bring our newborn child with us to Canada!?
Is there any other way to bring the baby with us, or do we have to wait for it's approval of citizenship, which takes 12-14 months to be done? I hope (probably?) that my visa papers will be done before the baby comes (the due date is in December), so I have to enter Canada before my visa expires...but, what will happen with the baby? I can't travel by plane anymore. I'm so confused now :(

If someone have some good advice, or maybe experience with the same stuff?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sunshine,
In fact I don't know the rules in Austria about adding the child to the mother's passport. If it is done or if a separate passport to the baby is made, you can travel to Canada with your baby. There is no need a TRV for the baby because the baby is an Austrian. You can submit sponsorship papers for the baby from Canada.

If there is delay for getting passport for baby in Austria then get the birth certificate after your baby's birth and contact the Canadian embassy at Vienna who will advice you about the procedure.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The baby is not Austrian unless one of the parents is Austrian. Vienna handles processing for a couple of non-visa-exempt countries as well.

However, if one of the parents was born or naturalized in Canada, the baby is a Canadian citizen.