+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

B4A Landing: Goods to Follow / Goods accompanying Query

Candreamer

Oct 4, 2011
Hi all,

I am planning to do my landing in a week's time. I have a query pertaining to B4A form, i understand that, i have to cross the section 'Settler' ...does it mean to say that i have to live in Canada for at least 12 months before i leave the country again or did i get it wrong? ..i will staying on a week during my first visit, but then plan to return in summer next year for a settlement!

The second issue is about 'Traveler's Cheques'....Im bringing the cheques (10K) in my local currency.. Euro, is it ok to get it so or does one need to bring only CAD?

Thanks for your inputs and i really appreciate them..

Good luck to you all

Mhut

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23/02/2006
Med's Request
06/04/2011
Med's Done....
27/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/07/2011
LANDED..........
23/10/2011
Hi there,

I have just come back to UK after my landing and I ticked settler.

Mhut

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The purpose of B4 form is to get exemption of customs duty for those items listed in that form as a settler, whether it is for accompanied items or for un accompanied ( Good to follow). If you don't bring much items other than your usual personal stuff for immediate use like your cloths, camera, laptop etc, you don't need to prepare the form. If you have considerably large quantity of belongings including some valuable items, better you fill up the B4 form and tick settler.

You can bring the funds to Canada in any currency which is equal to the required funds or more by TC,DD or by cash.
When it exceeds the value of CAD 10,000/- you should declare it to the CBSA officer at the arrival desk.